Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hazmore Seat for climbers

Treed

Stark County
I bought a Summit Viper a few years ago and while I love the versatility of the climber, I've never really liked the seat. I find it gets in the way when I'm climbing or descending and when I stand to shoot, I don't have the whole platform to stand on with that big lunky thing behind me. I never really saw the point in the back rest either other than to have something getting in the way when I'm climbing, the comfort it provides falls past the point of diminishing returns in my opinion. To get to the point, I was looking for different seat options for my stand when I ran across Hazmore Outdoor Products. They make a hammock style replacement seat for most climbers that's very easy to install, very comfortable and completely unobtrusive when climbing, descending or standing. When you stand up, it slides back out of your way giving you your entire platform to stand, it weighs almost nothing, is silent and it won't collect any unwanted smells. I pulled my old seat off and had the Hazmore on in about 5 minutes, took it out back and climbed up a tree. I've gotta say, I absolutely love it. It makes getting up and down a lot easier but the big thing is when I stand up in my stand, it slides back out of the way and gives quite a bit more room to move around if I need to. As for the lack of a backrest, picture sitting on the ground leaned up against a tree, that's the feeling you get in the stand. I didn't miss the back rest and I doubt I will this fall either. All in all, I think it was a very well spent 19.99. I actually couldn't have hoped for a better outcome. Besides the seat, I added Summits universal bow holder and their foot rest as well, both of which are great.

Here is a link to Hazmore Outdoor Products. They make replacement seats for Summit, Lone Wolf, and API. If you're in the market for a new seat, I'd recommend these guys to a friend.
http://www.hazmore.net/
~Josh

Last edited:
I had the hazmore on my viper ss and liked it.I plan to add one to my lone wolf sit n climb..I feel the hazmore style seat, a footrest, stabalizer straps and a pack system make climbers easier to carry, climb with and in the case of the stab straps, safer and more stable.If you have never used them check them out..Lone wolf makes some but thirdhand archery makes a better set (plastic buckle vs metal)..

When I first started reading your post I thought yeah, my seat on my old API had a back on it and I just cut it off. But it never solved the other problem which was the same as yours, it still interfered with my legs as I climbed. This thing looks like it may be the answer. Thanks for posting it up!!