Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New duck call

JPN

coshocton
I'm planning on getting a new duck call before season and wanted to see what you guys are using. I've been using a zink ph-2 which I like but I'm ready to upgrade. I'm thinking about the zink ATM green machine. Any opinions?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I like Zinks goose calls but I don't care much for their duck calls. I like Echo and RNT. My go-to is an Echo XLT. I prefer a single reed, but if I was going to buy any double reed right now it'd be the Field Proven Double Shot. Best sounding double reed I've run in a long time.

If you want a good quality call pick up a used WOODEN call made by Mike McLemore. He made some great calls and the call will increase in value over time. I bought mine in the late 70's for $35.00 and it is worth nearly 10 times what I paid for it. Best part is that I used it for nearly 25 years.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Being that I don't get all caught up in the hype of price is better, I kill a lot of ducks with a Haydell DR-85. I did buy two new calls from them this year (Redleg & Shizzle Suzie) for a massive $40 for the pair. I still like my RNT Original though.

I still use the Olt 66 duck call
It is now made by another company ......darn I can't remember the name

I added a Banded Calls , Angry Bird in Black Pearl call last year
Sounds great
It is a double reed
But it is easy to blow

I Zink Goose calls
But I never found I could get thier duck calls to sound right

John

Derek j

Knox Co.
John.....The Olts are being made by DJ Illinois now. He was an Olt employee for years then went out on his own when Olt went out. His calls are great sounding for the price. I use a duck picker and triple threat from DC for ducks, and Lynch Mob reaper for geese. I really like the LMCs right now. I have owned echos, zink, rnt, haydells. ....and still love both my DCs and LMCs. If the DCs didn't freeze up so quick I would say they were perfect!