Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mathews chill

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I shoot Mathews a helim and love it but I think you should check out elite or obsession there both good shooters and one of them will be my next bow.

Treed

Stark County
I shot one when I was shopping. I'm with Lumber Head on this one as well. Go shoot the Hoyts before you make any decisions. I love my Faktor Turbo.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
I shoot Mathews a helim and love it but I think you should check out elite or obsession there both good shooters and one of them will be my next bow.

Go with One of those 2. IMO they draw, hold and shoot so much smoother than most others do. I own 3 elites, best shooting bow out there. You can't go wrong with a 80+% let off. Elites are closer to 94% let off. All of this is just my opinion. I am a firm believer that you don't pick the bow, the bow picks you! Shoot as many as you can before you decide..

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Shoot them all but if I were to buy again right now it would be either Hoyt or Bowtech. No way in the world would I buy an Obsession.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I love my Mathews but I want to shoot a G5...heard they are awesome bows! I also have had Hoyt's, I loved that how as well and it was a cheaper Hoyt too!

Shoot as many as you can and shoot them twice to be sure before you buy!! The first time you will be all full of excitement while shooting and you may not notice the little things that will bug you weeks after buying. Try the new Elite Energy 32 or 35 if you get the opportunity.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
What's your reasoning?
Kevin Strothers. He makes them and who knows when that train is going to derail again. The bows before him at Obsession were average at best.

My warranty worked out great with the K&K (Kevins former company) when it took a shit at the TOO shoot...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I love my Mathews but I want to shoot a G5...heard they are awesome bows! I also have had Hoyt's, I loved that how as well and it was a cheaper Hoyt too!
I have the Prime Impact and it is hard TOO beat. The only reason I didn't mention them with Hoyt and Bowtech is because I would want something different for the sake of being different.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I'm going to sell my Mathews Z7Xtreme for a Energy 35. Don't rule out Elite.... check out that new Energy bow. Not the fastest but good god the back wall and let off are compared to NO other bow I've ever shot. Damn near had to push forward to get the bow to creep.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I'm going to sell my Mathews Z7Xtreme for a Energy 35. Don't rule out Elite.... check out that new Energy bow. Not the fastest but good god the back wall and let off are compared to NO other bow I've ever shot. Damn near had to push forward to get the bow to creep.
The let - off on the Elites are scary, and IMO borderline unsafe with the drawstops all the way out. Too easy to torque the bow trying to let down. I brought mine in about an 1/8" from the outermost limit, and there was still a good valley without the creep. Definitely the best back wall of any bow I have shot though. I love the adjustability, just wish they would offer something with a bit more speed.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I agree as I would do the same. I do wish it was a touch faster considering its ranking #2 on most bow polls right now with its only downside being that its the slowest of the new bows. The RPM 360 seems to be #1 on a lot of lists.

The chill is a nice bow. My biggest complaint with the current mattews bows including the chill is the their yoke system with the rings. it is a pain to deal with. If you dont work on your own bow it wont be a problem for you.
That said having shot the bowtech overdrive 360 that is one awesome bow. Shoot as many as you can and choose the one you like the best.

Last edited:

whack

Kevin Strothers. He makes them and who knows when that train is going to derail again. The bows before him at Obsession were average at best.

My warranty worked out great with the K&K (Kevins former company) when it took a shit at the TOO shoot...

Wrong. Kevin designs them. Obsession builds them and handles all business aspects related to Obsession bows. Kevin is only contracted to design he is not employed at Obsession.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Wrong. Kevin designs them. Obsession builds them and handles all business aspects related to Obsession bows. Kevin is only contracted to design he is not employed at Obsession.

Kevin was assembling the first ones. The ones that weren't making numbers...again. Anywho...

You trolling to defend the indefensible is hilarious. Dude is a train just waiting to derail again. You are a defender of the mascara'ed man now that they are using your camo...

whack

Kevin was assembling the first ones. The ones that weren't making numbers...again. Anywho...

You trolling to defend the indefensible is hilarious. Dude is a train just waiting to derail again. You are a defender of the mascara'ed man now that they are using your camo...

Your a scream. No if I wanted to troll and defend em good lord I could have a full time job on AT doing that. Defender of KS? Lol nothing said here defended KS simply that he is contracted to design not employed. Yes 2 years ago he assembled some bows bc Dennis broke his back in a hunting accident. Btw OA uses my camo not Kevin. If it was a deal with Kevin don't you think it would be on Xpedition bows too? Why would I defend a dude I have zero to do with?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Your a scream. No if I wanted to troll and defend em good lord I could have a full time job on AT doing that. Defender of KS? Lol nothing said here defended KS simply that he is contracted to design not employed. Yes 2 years ago he assembled some bows bc Dennis broke his back in a hunting accident. Btw OA uses my camo not Kevin. If it was a deal with Kevin don't you think it would be on Xpedition bows too? Why would I defend a dude I have zero to do with?
If you believe you are being honest with yourself then good on ya...