Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL Cabela's layout blinds

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Go for it Huck, that is the updated version that I use and the one we had you in.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I love the Cabelas blinds. I've been laying in one for the last 4 seasons and I've got absolutely no complaints. It's light, folds up small, has a good low profile, and you can use it as a backpack to haul in decoys and/or gear. What more could you ask for for 120 bucks??? 4 or 5 of my buddies use them as well. I know some guys like the larger "Finisher" style blinds but IMO they are way too big and bulky and they stick above the ground a little high. You did good, Huck. That's a good purchase. Now, better get yourself a snow cover. It's an absolute must for late season hunting. In our hunting group up here, if you don't have a snow cover, you're not laying in the field when there's snow. We have better results swapping guys in and out of blinds with covers than we do trying to hide 1 or 2 "non-snow-covered" amongst the covered ones.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Oh layout blinds...can't have to many ...lol . Kinda like golfing certain blinds work best in certain situations

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Def a great buy! Blew my wad on a finisher blind bc they fold up nice and small for pack in hunts.
They fold up OK but I'm not a big fan of the extra effort to set one up. They are very roomy and comfortable tho. Nice thing about the cabelas blinds is no pins, no assembly... just unfold and hunt.

Huckleberry Finn

Picked it up the other day and put it together tonight in the living room. Really nice. I need to spray paint the one bar black, but other than that, it's great