Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Plot Updates!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Well my uncle sent me some pictures of the farm. Plots are coming in nicely! Wish I could have done them all in the same weekend but I did the one set of plots all at the same time, then did the new 2 acre plot a few weeks later because it was too wet!

check em out! photo 3.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 1.JPG

at1010

*Supporting Member*
forgot to metnion these are pea/bean mix. I will spread a light brassica mix in July. I will also spread a nice layer of oats over all my trails/plots in Sept to fill in any gaps/holes. Deer are treated good at my farm!

Albert

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Looking good. In 2013 I did a bean-pea fall planting. When the plants got 3-4" in October the deer ate every plant one weekend. Ended with no crop. I'll never plant bean-pea as a fall crop again.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Looking good. In 2013 I did a bean-pea fall planting. When the plants got 3-4" in October the deer ate every plant one weekend. Ended with no crop. I'll never plant bean-pea as a fall crop again.

I did that last year buddy!

1. I didnt seed nearly heavy enough
2. Didnt get enough time to grow
3. deer smashed them

This year you can see I seeded very heavy and put this mix in every plot that I could justify doing it. I am probably close to about 5 acres in just peas/beans. I have several other little plots/trails that are loaded with clovers for the deer as well. So, so far the grazing hasnt been too bad!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Thanks guys!

1. I have been surprised at how much it has grown like I said though I provide my deer with as much food as possible
2. This might be a sign of how low my deer numbers actually are?
3. I am going to put brassicas in during July and some in August see which ones do better. Last year in August mine just didnt get as big as the year before and those were done in July.

Thanks for the comments!