Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bob Kitty or .......... ???

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
This has to be a bobcat but because of the angle and the solid coloring of it's hide it makes you wonder if it's a mountain kitty. I have heard of some guys getting pics of one 15-20 miles away.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I originally thought bobcat. But when I really looked, the tail looks too long, you can see it sticking out. To me, the ears look rounded. And also, how muscular the front shoulder is really does look like a mountain cat. I zoomed and studied the pic for like 10 minutes haha. My mind may just be playing tricks on me, but I'm not so certain it is a bobcat.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Not sure but but hopefully there will be more pictures. Good luck. Bobcats are here in SW Ohio too.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I think it is a bobcat but when I first opened the pic I thought "that's not a bobcat". Still cool any time I get pics of a bobcat but a mountain kitty would fulfill another trail cam goal. I'm just glad there are a couple other guys on here that aren't so sure TOO.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I don't think its a bobcat it kinda looks like a pit bull or boxer too me but who am I. I don't thinks its a bobcat though too long of a tail and too big in the chest.

Big Weff

Athens
Chupekabra and baby yeti both seem pretty likely to me but I'd say my best guess would be a young mountain lion. Especially sinceyou said they've been spotted in the area

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
When I zoom in I can see pointy eats with dark tips, and spotting on the legs. I'm staying with bobcat. It just looks really lean with summer coat.