Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Black Raspberries

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Anyone wanting to get Black Raspberries, it's time. We picked about 3 gallons today.

20140629_200115.jpg

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Looks good!! I wanted to get out this weekend but just didn't make it happen. Maybe Tuesday night. First night without baseball or softball in forever!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Jessica and I ate a bunch on our walk along the bike path yesterday. I need to get out and start picking some to put up.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Never paid any attention to blackberries or black raspberries in the past. Now I have a kid that LOVES berries of all varieties and after feeding her some black raspberries we found at Salt Fork last weekend, I see that I need to pay more attention! Our yard is lined with them and there are plenty to be had there. I drove the fencelines at the farm on Friday and it appears we only have a few raspberry bushes there, but a ton of blackberries that will be ready in another week or so. I'm going to pick everything in our yard in the next day or so and will hit the farm when its ready to go. I've been tracking down recipes for using both and I think I'll try my hand at making jam this winter. Looking forward to enjoying nature's bounty!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Picked a good half gallon from the fence row in the back yard yesterday should be another batch ready today or tomorrow

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Never paid any attention to blackberries or black raspberries in the past. Now I have a kid that LOVES berries of all varieties and after feeding her some black raspberries we found at Salt Fork last weekend, I see that I need to pay more attention! Our yard is lined with them and there are plenty to be had there. I drove the fencelines at the farm on Friday and it appears we only have a few raspberry bushes there, but a ton of blackberries that will be ready in another week or so. I'm going to pick everything in our yard in the next day or so and will hit the farm when its ready to go. I've been tracking down recipes for using both and I think I'll try my hand at making jam this winter. Looking forward to enjoying nature's bounty!

Get a box of sure gel and follow the freezer jam recipie. It's real easy and turns out good. I done a batch out of frozen berries two weeks ago. Was amazed at how easy it was.

Buckmaster

Portage
What do you guys do with them? Vanilla ice cream toppers?

I'd like to get enough to make some wine someday, but I'd need about 15 pounds worth. That's a ton of picking.

Ricer2231

I picked about a quart last night on my way outta the woods from putting out more mineral, fresh batteries, and switching sd cards. I was freaking hot let me tell ya. I was leaking big time.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I went out yesterday behind mom and dad's. All the berry bushes looked dried up, like y they tried to sprout, but got dried up. I've never seen that before?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Hit the berries one last time yesterday. 4.5 gallons by days end..... Finished the year with 13 gallons.
I'm pretty much Berried-Out until Blackberries Ripen.

Berries 4.5 galA.jpg