Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Vacant Game Wardens

Huckleberry Finn

I was looking through the 2014-15 hunting regulations (http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/Portals/wildlife/pdfs/hunting/huntingregulations_2014_2015.pdf) and was looking to see who my home county game warden is these days.

Delaware - Vacant
Knox - Vacant (a top 10 county)
Morrow - Vacant
Licking - Vacant

So you figure that from Lexington to Polaris by Marion to Danville and Buckeye Lake there are no assigned game wardens. These are HUGE counties. That territory is about an hour and a half drive by an hour and a half!

The other vacancy that popped out is Carroll County. I'm sure there are no conflicts between hunters and the amount of gas activity going on out there. Maybe they will give the gas inspectors guns for gun week?

(Oh, and their new website makes me dizzy...)

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Here's the new class. Some of those dudes don't look to be much over 5ft tall.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1404404634423.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404404634423.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 227

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Perfect candidates for "little man with a badge" syndrome like the iconic Charlie Stone.

I honestly with our GWs weren't such a joke. Guess maybe the job lends itself to that type of person. Just seems to be a constant...

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Do they are own razors? Holy crap some of them look young, I thought it was a joke picture of a boy scout troop at first.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I feel sorry for the counties that get these two. Women in law enforcement especially as GW always have something to prove.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404486347.597796.jpg

Least I think they're girls anyway. Lol