Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

in the market

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I've been been thinking of a new bow purchase. I'm looking to stay in the 600 to 700 hundred dollar range. I'm shooting a bear truth series two now and I haven't been real pleased. Last year I killed all my deer with the crossbow because I wasn't comfortable with the compound. I want too get back too the confidence I had with my old Hoyt wheel bow. What's your guys opinion I'm just looking for a bare bow, I have the rest of the goodies.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Most of us here will tell you to shoot as many different makes and models as you can. Take your time and pick the one that feels best. They all feel different in your hand, on the draw, resting at full draw, during and after the shot. Lots of quality bows on the market right now, so with some research and time at some good pro shops, you can easily find the right bow for you to start nailing 10 rings within a few dozen arrows.

Good luck! I'd get with Milo after you purchase one and have him tune it. IMO, he's elite and easily one of the best in the state of Ohio. If not the country.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I bought a Hoyt last year. You are welcome to try it.

I've always shot Hoyt till about four years ago. I ended up getting the bear cheap, after a guy bought my Hoyt for a ourageous offer I couldn't refuse at the time. But today I wish I never sold it. I was thinking bout a good used Hoyt and reading a lot of good things on the elite also. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Hunter II

I bought a new 2013 Hoyt Spyder 34 a couple of weeks ago from Fin Feather Fur for 699. They had a few Spyder 30's left.

Strother23

Columbus, OH
I agree with the people saying used bows. Find someone that has a nicer model that would normally be out of your price range and get in 1 or 2 years old. That's you best bet. Good luck

Milo

Tatonka guide.
It's s great time to pickup a gently fondled bow very reasonable. 2012 bows are pretty cheap now and that was a decent bow year.

Treed

Stark County
Check out Archery Talks classifieds. I don't shoot Elite but I think I've read somewhere that the bows warranty transfers. If I were considering a used bow, that would definitely come into play. Just check out the sellers ratings and comments from previous transactions before you make a deal.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
I switched to a Prime bow last year and love it. I'm sure you can find a 2013 Prime in your price level. If you want new look at Quest. It's G5's line of lower priced bows. Those are nice too.

Treed

Stark County
Check out ArcheryTalk for a used model as you can find many barely used bows in your price range that people bought for a couple hundred more. Elite is a great pick IMO as the bows have lifetime warranties regardless of owner.
lol...I just went back and read the other replies and saw I pretty much reposted exactly what you said. :smiley_depressive: