Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Outfitter to avoid

PADeer

Avoid hunting with Kyle D. McClain, Buckeye Trophy Connection, in Lancaster, Ohio and Amanda, Ohio. Kyle McClain accepted money from a guy and his son from north central Pennsylvania in 2013 for a one week guided archery deer hunt in Ohio scheduled for the middle of November 2013. Kyle McClain then cancelled the hunt 2 weeks prior to the mid-November 2013 hunt, promised to refund the money, but to date has not refunded any of the money, and now will not return phone calls nor emails from the guy and his son inquiring about the status of refunding the money. Just want to warn anyone who is thinking about hunting with Kyle McClain. Do not pay Kyle McClain any money that you do not want to lose until you are actually hunting there. The guy had to drive out to Ohio (6 hours one way) to file a small claims case against Kyle McClain in May 2014, which the guy won easily. Kyle McClain did not show up for the hearing. Now Kyle McClain keeps moving from one residence to another so that the guy cannot get his money refunded from Kyle McClain. Cannot reach Kyle McClain at any of his 3 phone numbers, nor his fiance's phone number (Rebecca Calentine, aka Rebecca Michael).

PADeer

Source is close. Did not read it in the newspaper or on facebook or twitter. Do what you want with the information, matters not to me. I am just letting you all know so others do not make the same mistake. You are welcome. I can have the guy fax the court documents to you if you want. It is all public record now. Trying to get as much negative feedback out there as possible to prevent the same thing from happening again. There is no system in Ohio to have a guide suspended or license revoked, etc. It is a shame.

Huckleberry Finn

Source is close. Did not read it in the newspaper or on facebook or twitter. Do what you want with the information, matters not to me. I am just letting you all know so others do not make the same mistake. You are welcome. I can have the guy fax the court documents to you if you want. It is all public record now. Trying to get as much negative feedback out there as possible to prevent the same thing from happening again. There is no system in Ohio to have a guide suspended or license revoked, etc. It is a shame.

Is there in PA?

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Crap, now I can't get his name out of my head, I am going to be talking in my sleep saying "Kyle D. McClain" all night.mischeif.gif

Sorry to hear about the guy getting stiffed!

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
He's on facebook . sorry to the guy that got stiffed. One of my friends on facebook is friends with the guy. He's killed some good deer. But I dont know anything about him besides that.

He's on facebook . sorry to the guy that got stiffed. One of my friends on facebook is friends with the guy. He's killed some good deer. But I dont know anything about him besides that.

Not much on there promoting his 'business' either tho. Too bad there are plenty of people out there just like him that do things like this to unsuspecting people as this thread sounds legit to me.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
And this statement right here is why my first thought when I see anything Bone Collector related is "douche"...

Tbone and I were hunting with our friend Kyle McClain and Buckeye Trophy Connection in Ohio and had the opportunity to meet Zack Saum, the Ohio Bone Collector that may be holding some kind of new record! Talk is, it may be the new Typical State Archery Record and some say the new World Record. Who knows if it will become either, all I know is we had our hands on it and it is HUGE! The buck is a giant Typical 5x5 with very few deductions, huge spread and beams and topped off with some skyscraper tines! I measured it myself and it was right at 190! A small crowd gathered around the truck and there was hardly any noise everyone was just in awe, including Zack and his dad! The crazy part of this story is that this is Zack's first buck with a bow! It may even be his first buck ever! Ohio is producing some great trophies. Congratulations Zack, that is a buck of a lifetime!!!!

Come on man! All that hype for a buck that falls more than 23" short of the world record and close to full foot short of Brad Jerman's buck. Douchey clients for a douche bag guide/outfitter. Seems appropriate.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I was wondering the same thing. If you measured it yourself and knew it fell short why at the beginning did he say it might be some kind of new record. And the talk being it's a state or world record. You know damn well it isn't. You measured it yourself. Hell of a buck but call a spade a spade.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry about your friend's misfortune. Welcome to TOO.

In regards to the outfitter? Not sure what to tell you. Not uncommon. Do your homework as it is a buyer beware situation. Some good ones and some bad ones out there. At the end of the day, a thief is a thief.

PADeer

bigten05, does your mutual friend happen to know Kyle's new physical address in Amanda or Lancaster, Ohio?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Here's the buck

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403725629264.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403725629264.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 243

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I don't even see 190 there. Be interesting to hear the real numbers on that deer. However one thing is for sure, Nick Mundt is a tool for that blog write up. Among other douchey BS he pulls with the BC crew. "I smoked him." Son, the only thing you smoked were poles at summer camp...