Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Big happenings in our town ....

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Man covered in deer blood sparks police interest

| Advocate staff report June 24, 2014

NEWARK — A man walked into a Newark convenience store Monday covered in blood, worrying the clerk and several customers who saw him.

But it's not what you think.

At about 11:14 a.m. Monday, the man entered the Circle K on West Church Street with blood on his arms, clothing, legs and shoes, according to a news release from Newark police.

When the clerk asked about the blood, the man said, "if you think I look bad, you should see the guy in the back of the truck," the release said. He then made his purchase and left the store in his truck.

A concerned customer wrote down his license plate number and called Newark police to report the incident. Officers responded to the address the truck was registered to but were unable to locate the vehicle.

The police department issued a news release just after 3 p.m. Monday asking for the public's help in locating the man, fearing that he or another person were injured.

An hour after the notice was issued, police canceled the request, saying they had found the man and everything had checked out.

Police located the man on his drive home from work.

It turns out he had received a call at about 10:30 a.m. Monday from another police agency about a deer struck by a car, according to the release. The driver responded, received the proper paperwork and took the deer, covering himself in the deer's blood in the process.

The man stopped at the Circle K to buy an ice to pack the deer and keep it cold until he could get off work to butcher it, the release said.

Police confirmed his story with the other agency

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Nosey ass people and overzealous cops. They seriously put out an APB and press release on the tip of a concerned citizen. I got an idea. How about they concentrate on stemming the heroin epidemic Ohio's facing.

It's funny how things can get so twisted around like that. Up where we hunt in Mich. there are a few places we often stop while hunting and it's amazing the different reactions you get the closer you get to a bigger city. I remember going into the one big gas station/party store after my son shot his buck last year. He had blood on his hands, I had blood on me and we were headed in to the rest room to wash up. The clerk right away said it looks like congratulations are in order for someone! That boy of mine was so proud when he said he was the lucky hunter. A couple years ago he was with me when I shot a doe up there. We were on our way back and we decided to stop into a Tim Hortons near a bigger city to wash up and get something to eat on the way home. We both got the dirtiest looks from customers and employees as I had some blood on my arms some, pants and a little on my boots. I never would have thought that there as it was still somewhat rural and it was smack dab in the middle of bow season.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
It's funny how things can get so twisted around like that. Up where we hunt in Mich. there are a few places we often stop while hunting and it's amazing the different reactions you get the closer you get to a bigger city. I remember going into the one big gas station/party store after my son shot his buck last year. He had blood on his hands, I had blood on me and we were headed in to the rest room to wash up. The clerk right away said it looks like congratulations are in order for someone! That boy of mine was so proud when he said he was the lucky hunter. A couple years ago he was with me when I shot a doe up there. We were on our way back and we decided to stop into a Tim Hortons near a bigger city to wash up and get something to eat on the way home. We both got the dirtiest looks from customers and employees as I had some blood on my arms some, pants and a little on my boots. I never would have thought that there as it was still somewhat rural and it was smack dab in the middle of bow season.

I love the way Michigan is set up. I get to go to my Buddy's cabin on Lost Lake near Roger's City. It amazes me that every gas station has guns, bows, fishing tackle, ammo, bags of corn, and damn near any smoked meat you want. Not to mention chopped beef