Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL Old Duck Decoys

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have a TON of old decoys. Some are magnums that have been primed, but need painted. Others still resemble ducks, but could use paint. If anyone attending Woodbury (or someone conveniently tied to the TOOzer Express) is interested in seeing more, I'll take some pictures and you make me an offer. I'd like to sell them all and would gladly sell all to one person, or split them up.

Anyone interested in seeing pics and working on a deal?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Here is what I have. Someone make me an offer on one or both lots. Lots of guys from all over the state will see me in July, so it would be easy to get these to someone. Not looking for a lot of money here. Just like to see them go to a good home.

This lot has all be primed and most would need it again. I didn't notice any holes or shot marks. Some of the keels could use work and none have line/weights. They are all Carry-Lites. I have 4 magnum drakes and 5 magnum hen mallards. There are 12 total bluebills with 7 being mags and 5 being smaller. There are two cannies and 1 lone woody.

This lot has not been primed and needs work. Most have line and a weight of some kind, but I imagine all would need redone. All of them are Carry-Lite with the exception of the 3 magnum hens. There was no marking on them to tell who made them. However they appear to be Carry-Lite as well. There are 3 magnum drakes, 5 smaller drakes and 6 smaller hens. The goose heads are random and I would sell them for $10 to someone's door if they wanted them. Or they come with this lot or the entire collection if you want it all.

Bag goes to the first buyer. Its seen better days, but works for the time being...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yea they are valuable to the right person man. I just don't care much for the style/shape of the old carrylites. Have you tried Craig's list yet? Seems like someone out there would snatch these up.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I don't live in a waterfowl area, so selling them on CL might pose a transportation issue. You think $50 for all of them is fair?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't live in a waterfowl area, so selling them on CL might pose a transportation issue. You think $50 for all of them is fair?
It sounds reasonable considering how many there are... but a good portion of them need painted, so I don't know. Would I pay $50?... probably not... But I'm not exactly looking for decoys either. Someone who is just getting started might gladly pay $50 for the lot. Just gotta find the right buyer. I agree with Mike... your best bet is probably to post an ad on ohiowaterfowler or greatlakeswaterfowler.

rsmith

What part of ohio are you at? I'm over in Chardon and am interested I'm them, just don't know how far of I drive it would be