Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A visit to the taxi.

I stopped at my taxidermist( Carol Daniels, Gallery of Nature) today to pay my BBBC entry fee for my 2013 buck. Sadly he is not done but I took some pics of some African mounts she is working on. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403311171.194848.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403311185.297501.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403311196.738329.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403311216.220943.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403311227.717895.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403311239.807715.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403311250.187937.jpg

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Where is this place?

CR 313. About a half mile west of where it intersects with St Rt 235. (or about a 30 second drive from my house:smiley_crocodile:) Carol does great work, but she takes forever. She prioritizes clients and bigger animals. She doesn't take them in order as they come. I take my mounts to her ex_husband, who taught her. He basically focuses on deer all year round. He gets them done a hell of a lot faster, and does great work as well, and a hell of a lot cheaper

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
CR 313. About a half mile west of where it intersects with St Rt 235. (or about a 30 second drive from my house:smiley_crocodile:) Carol does great work, but she takes forever. She prioritizes clients and bigger animals. She doesn't take them in order as they come. I take my mounts to her ex_husband, who taught her. He basically focuses on deer all year round. He gets them done a hell of a lot faster, and does great work as well, and a hell of a lot cheaper

True. I have not met the guy, but have heard this. Carol is a sweetheart though and has fought through brain surgeries for (cancer I think?) and people know/like her, therefore wait for her. Her ex I hear is . . . . not a great people person? Not trying to bash the guy. Just hearsay.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
True. I have not met the guy, but have heard this. Carol is a sweetheart though and has fought through brain surgeries for (cancer I think?) and people know/like her, therefore wait for her. Her ex I hear is . . . . not a great people person? Not trying to bash the guy. Just hearsay.

Carol is an awesome lady, for sure. And she is a perfectionist, and it shows. As far as Marv,I've never known him to be not to be personable. One of the truly nice guys I've met that does taxidermy in our area. Hell, he stops what he does and will sit and BS with anybody for hours on end in there. I like to stop out during season and he lets my handle all the racks there. He is a great guy and really good Taxi, been doing it since 1968.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Carol is an awesome lady, for sure. And she is a perfectionist, and it shows. As far as Marv,I've never known him to be not to be personable. One of the truly nice guys I've met that does taxidermy in our area. Hell, he stops what he does and will sit and BS with anybody for hours on end in there. I like to stop out during season and he lets my handle all the racks there. He is a great guy and really good Taxi, been doing it since 1968.
Yea he done my two OBB and two 139 inch deer and was pleased with his service. But I've heard stories of him rushing people out of the door. But Marv has always treated me right.

I know Marv and have nothing bad to say about him, he is a hell of a nice guy and a good taxidermist. Carol is a perfectionist and that's worth the wait and money to me plus she is a good friend of my wife and I. There are a hand full of taxidermist around that will do it for less and get it done quicker, but fast and cheap is not something that mixes well with this trade. I will gladly spend more to preserve my trophies. I know everyone here has seen some mounts that are horrible.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I know Marv and have nothing bad to say about him, he is a hell of a nice guy and a good taxidermist. Carol is a perfectionist and that's worth the wait and money to me plus she is a good friend of my wife and I. There are a hand full of taxidermist around that will do it for less and get it done quicker, but fast and cheap is not something that mixes well with this trade. I will gladly spend more to preserve my trophies. I know everyone here has seen some mounts that are horrible.
I have too agree with you on that

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks for clarifying guys. Like I said, it was hearsay and I didn't want to bash the guy. I have never met him. I will keep the source of this talk out of the equation. My apologies for even bringing that up, but my thanks for clarifying. Sometimes you just don't know unless you ask. I trust your input as TOO members and more so as locals who have dealt with him. Much appreciated.