Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Put in Bay

hammerhead

Thinking about taking the family to put in bay this summer for a day. Even though i grew up in Toledo I have never set foot on the island before. Fished around it a lot but never on it. Having 3 kids G-9 and twin boys 8 what is there to do there besides getting drunk? Remember family oriented :smiley_chinrub:. Not really looking to spend the night just a day-cation. Also which ferry to take I see the old miller ferry is cheaper but is the jet better?
Thanks

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Went with my fiancé's family last summer. You have the bars of course but there is a State Park, Crystal Cave tour, interesting winery tours where they talk about the history of the property ( One was actually a Ice Co. that cut slabs of ice out of Lake Erie ). There is another area that has a butterfly park, tour another cave, putt putt and other children attractions. Perry's Monument and museum, Shopping along the main strip, a large park, kids rides...ect. Also some real good restaurant's in the main area like at the Pier.

*** YOU MAY WANT TO RENT A GOLF CART TO GET AROUND AND SEE ALOT OF THE SIGHTS. *** The are reasonable and have 2, 4, 6 and 8 seaters.

Just a side note.....wear your dark sun glasses and practice your eye exercises so you can look like your looking straight ahead but actually looking to the left and right for Da Chicks!!! rotflmao :pickle:

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
IMG_0617.JPG

This is a great place to eat.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
My parents took us when I was around 13 or so. Perry's monument was pretty cool, and we went up in it. And there was plenty for us to do there. But at 13, we mainly rode around the golf cart and stared at women haha.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Forgot to mention, we took the Jet Express and was very pleased with the service and hours they run.

Last edited:

Huckleberry Finn

We stayed in one of the "nice" hotels at PIB and were drunk Fri-Sun ... that's all I know. Some good BBQ place, but I chucked it, but then again I guess that was the shots...

We did do a golf cart, was pretty cool.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I truly can't remember what the golf carts ran. There are numerious places to rent them and it was based the hours and size, ie....2 man, 4 man...ect. We did not reserve ours. :smiley_bike: