Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ffs

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Yuck. I went through that chit in May. Basement flooded. Finally got it all cleaned and dried up and it did it again a few days later. On the plus side, that was the first time in years that it happened.

Treed

Stark County
Thanks guys, I guess that's one way to look at it. Admittedly, hunting Iowa has crossed my mind, like every 15 minutes since I got the news. I liked having some to hunt with here though. It's good to have someone to talk with, bounce ideas off of, scout and do preseason work with and have around to help drag the heavy ones out of the bushes. There's also the safety factor. I hunt alone a lot, most of the time in fact, but it's always nice to know that there's someone relatively close by if something goes wrong and I wind up hanging in my harness twenty feet up or I get hurt and can't walk out on my own.
We got the basement under control, at it's highest we only had about 3 inches but that's plenty enough for the drywall to wick water up like a sponge. We managed to keep all of our stuff dry though so that's a plus. We've got fans and the dehumidifier running now, it could have been much worse and for that we're thankful.