Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New duck boat

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Finally found the boat I wanted..... BUT I didn't have the money all up front so I went halves with my buddy under a contract to buy it out (which he didn't care bc he just bought a boat 2 days before lol). We bought a 17' Xpress with a 60/40 jet, it came with a 9.9 and 55lb thrust trolling motor as well. We may make some mods to open up the floor plan a little more but so far its a flat out beast with just two people in it. My buddy bought a 16' flat bottom that is going to turn into our field/mud boat. We are cutting the middle sit out tonight, putting a new sheet of aluminum in the middle over top the braces to reinforce it. Then we are cutting the front mini platform out and building a large platform/storage area back to the first brace. As well as reinforcing the rear where the batteries and gas tank will be with 1/4" and finally reinforcing the transom since it has a hole drilled through it. He's also going to put steel flex or gator hyde on it to make the bottom slick as snot. Then we have a buddy building us a 6.5 hp long tail for $400 to throw on the back so that we can hunt flooded fields with it. Should make for two nice setups to hunt in any situation this up coming season.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
That's all we really use on the River, they're awesome for accessing areas you normally couldn't bc of low water. Down fall is leaves in the fall & rock bars can clog the impeller plate which sucks buts its an easy fix.