Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Camera Mounts

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I got to looking at my angled camera mounts and decided they were too bulky. Here is the new and improved version I am using now. They are fairly cheap (2.00) to make and quick to install as well. Many of the different cameras I have are equipped with 1/4-20 threads on the camera somewhere. Everything needed was found at Lowes.

HPIM2252.jpg
Pieces you will need:
3-1/4x1" Fender Washers
1-#6x1 5/16 Screw Eye
1-1/4x2 1/2 Eye Bolt
1-1/4 Wing Nut
1-1/4 Lock Washer
1-1/4x1" Bolt

HPIM2253.jpg
Assemble in this order: (Top to Bottom)
Bolt, Lock Washer, Fender Washer, Eye Bolt, Fender Washer, Screw Eye, Fender Washer, and Wing Nut. Tighten to where it will still move but not very easily.

I used a nail to start the hole in a tree. Screw right in and it's ready to go in no time. I plan on shooting them with a spot of flat black, but they do not look bad as is. I believe they are not as noticeable as the ratchet straps. With the swivel effect, you can go as high in the tree as you like and angle camera to your liking. The nut that comes on your eye bolt will help hold your camera from the side to side motion.
HPIM2255.jpgHPIM2256A.jpgHPIM2254A.jpg

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
That is sweet man! I would add a wing nut for the bottom of the camera to fine tune left and right. Also, you could use an Alan cap bolt for the bolt going through the I bolts and use wing nuts on both sides, so you can get it good and tight!

Gonna copy this, thanks for sharing!

Those are perfect!! Been seeing more and more doing stuff like this and I think I'm going to do most of mine this way now. Got a couple to put up to make sure I don't have any 'unwanted guests' this fall too and those will help hide the cams from them.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Great idea. I've never put my cameras up that high but may try it this year. Just curious how do you guys climb up and check them after they are set? Do you carry a few of those screw in steps? Use a climber?

Great idea. I've never put my cameras up that high but may try it this year. Just curious how do you guys climb up and check them after they are set? Do you carry a few of those screw in steps? Use a climber?

The couple we have up high at the moment we can back the 4 wheeler up to and stand on the rack. Also toted a step ladder around with us too just in case we found a good spot we couldn't use the 4 wheeler on.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I also use the racks on the 4 wheeler. I had like 1200 pics before I finally had a deer looking straight at the camera. They can't reach the camera to smell your scent either.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I also used sticks but the squirrels didn't like them. Sticks and camera turned up crooked a lot. So far, the 4 I have out are doing fine.