Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gander Mountain Removing Mounts off their wall?

teej89

NE PA
I was in a PA forum and saw this guys post from a trip he took to Gander Mountain. I am speechless.

"Was out with my 4 year old last night and I asked if he wanted to stop at Gander Mountain to look at the animals. He was really excited and wanted to go, he loves looking at all the different mounts. Well when I got to the store to buy my hunting license, their machine for hunting license was not working. This really didn't matter cause it was more about having fun looking at all the mounts and hunting gear with my son. To my surprise there wasn't an animal mount in the store. When we where leaving I stopped at the counter an asked what happened to all of the animals and the guy and girl up front both said that there was a complaint about animals being displayed on the walls so they have been taken down. I asked for a manager cause I now wanted to complain about taking down the mounts, and of course there was no manager on duty. Who else thinks this is ridiculous that a hunting store would remove its mounts. I am going to contact corporate and voice my opinion but I was just shocked. Guess I will be driving to cabelas or Field and Stream with my boy from here on out."

http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3349050&page=1

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What a stupid move to appease some stupid tree-animal hugger. I would have told the complainer to not come back if it bothered them. Then I would told management I wouldn't come back until the mounts are displayed.
Stupid is and stupid does.

That's the dumbest shit I have heard in awhile! The fact that they sell all kinds of hunting gear and are taking down the fruits of what the store is about is a piss poor business move. It has been awhile since I have been to one of their stores and will be a lot longer if they don't correct the issue.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Wonder if the same thing worked if I complained to the Mgr. at a Victoria Secret's about ugly or fat chicks!! :smiley_chinrub:

Huckleberry Finn

Field & Steam isn't any better, it's just Dick's Sporting Goods way of selling ARs since they have a social commitment to not sell them in Dicks.

Go in there and take $500 worth of stuff to the check out then ask them wtf! When they tell you why, tell them to take their stuff and pound it up their asses!