Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Remington 7615

yotehunter

spencerville oh
For you gun guru's. Is there many of these out there. And if so what's the availability. Kinda like the gun for coyote hunting behind the hounds.:smiley_chinrub: what the pros and coins has anybody shot one? Any comments are appreciated.

They were introduced in the earlry 2000s I remember looking at one when it first came out. All it is is a Remington 7600 that takes ar15 magazines. It was a cool and probably reliable rifle that never took off due to the litany of ar's out there.

Pros
its based on a pump action rifle that has been around a long time.
cons
Weighs as much as an ar and isnt an ar.
probably not as accurate as a bolt action
Hard to find and pretty expensive considering what it is.

Last edited:

yotehunter

spencerville oh
They were introduced in the earlry 2000s I remember looking at one when it first came out. All it is is a Remington 7600 that takes ar15 magazines. It was a cool and probably reliable rifle that never took off due to the litany of ar's out there.

Pros
its based on a pump action rifle that has been around a long time.
cons
Weighs as much as an ar and isnt an ar.
probably not as accurate as a bolt action
Hard to find and pretty expensive considering what it is.
That's pretty much what I've found on them too.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have a Remington pump in 243. Pretty dang accurate. From guys I have talked to they were either very accurate or not at all. No info on the model you are referring to but from the sounds of it, it must be pretty similar to mine with different magazine option.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Yea Phil I have the same rifle but its a safe queen and it does shoot better then a few of my bolt guns. I was reading on the7615 seems to be a decent gun from what I've read. I'm was thinking it would make nice coyote rifle and something I could throw something like this in the cab of the tractor or beat around with to kill a few more of these coyotes. I seen more coyotes from the tractor this spring then I did shelling corn last fall. I'm kicking around between one of these and a ar in 243 both seem hard to find. My bolt guns are all heavy bull barrels that are great off the bench but they are not a gun you want to carry all day.