Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Storm distant horizon

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
We are house hunting in the Dayton area. August 15th is my last work day and we are moving back to Ohio. Hopefully I'll get a DoD contractor or Fed job at Wright Patterson AFB. God help the Ohio button bucks.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Just a couple tips from a guy that lives in the area.

Stay away from the cities. They're full of trash both white, black, and mixed. The exception is anything east of 675. Beavercreek, Kettering. Etc.

Consider splitting the distance between dayton and Columbus. When I got out I took a job at WPAFB but I bought a house north of springfield 30 min to wpafb. 1 hour to Columbus. I worked at WP for 2 years. And in Columbus for 6. The Columbus job market is 50 times stronger than dayton. And DFAS in Columbus always seems to be hiring. If you split the difference try to stay Max 15 min from I-70. It took me 15 min to get to the highway (8 miles). 30 min on the highway (35 miles) and 10 min in downtown cbus. 3 miles.

It's just hedging the bet for the job markets.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good to hear Chuck! Once you're settled we'll attend a shoot or two. You are good at finding arrows, right?

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Ditto what Joe said - Good choices Beavercreek, Kettering, Centerville, Washington Twp. Springboro if you don't mind a little farther south.
Welcome home!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Damn, that went quick lol.... Good luck with your move and future job hunting.... You shouldn't have any issues in that area..... If you do then it's just more time in the woods.... You earned it lol.....

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good luck and welcome back.
Just remember there are still 1000's of houses under Bank control from all the foreclosures. There are some real good values out there in Real State if you dig deep enough.

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
Welcome home Marine and thank you for your service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Thanks we never thought in a million years that we'd ever be moving back home. We put an offer on a house in Springfield today. I doubt we get it because we low balled them pretty bad and there are a few other folks interested in it. We'll see how it goes though.

I was actually shocked at how much opportunity there was IRT DoD program manager contractors in this area. It's a huge leap of faith moving with out having a job, but I'm sure I'll find something that fits nicely.

Jack, thanks I will definitely send you my resume.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Thanks we never thought in a million years that we'd ever be moving back home. We put an offer on a house in Springfield today. I doubt we get it because we low balled them pretty bad and there are a few other folks interested in it. We'll see how it goes though.

I was actually shocked at how much opportunity there was IRT DoD program manager contractors in this area. It's a huge leap of faith moving with out having a job, but I'm sure I'll find something that fits nicely.

Jack, thanks I will definitely send you my resume.

Where about in spfld are you looking?