Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Samsung or iPhone

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Right now I have an iphone 4g with AT&T. I'm due for an upgrade with my plan now and I can choose between a lot of different phones. Most are samsung galaxy's. (4s and 3s). And the iphone I can get cheap is a 4s. Do you phone guys like iPhones or samsungs better. I've heard a lot of good about the Androids over Apple. Watcha guys think?

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
I've had the new Galaxy s5 for about a month. I like it a lot. Long battery life and its fast. I'm not a tech guy so I can't get in to all the details but it does everything I need it to do.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I had the iPhone 3G, 4, 4s and 5. In January I switched to a Galaxy S4 and will not look back until Apple gets their shit together. Great battery life and you can easily swap batteries if you want to keep a spare. It takes mini SD cards if you wanted to run them in cams and check on your phone. I have pages set up to mirror how I had my iPhone set up. The screen is huge and bright. Not to mention iPhones can only dream about snapping pictures like these...

uploadfromtaptalk1401845964792.jpg

Making the switch to the S4 was a great decision. All the haters that say it crashes all the time forget that iPhones need love from time to time too. Its no more difficult to keep the Galaxies running smooth than it is an iPhone. IMO, iPhones are out of date in today's market.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401845981102.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401845981102.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 87

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I was always an android fan but switched to the iPhone 4S my last upgrade. I like it but will be switching to the Galaxy on my next upgrade here in July. But being in IT I always feel the need to change and try different tech out.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Funny thing. We have an IT consultant here and I just overheard him say "if it were me, I'd only get an Android".

TJ, the Galaxy is a big phone. But the screen is awesome! It fits prefectly in my back pocket and is still fairly slim, so its not bulky to a guy with XXL hands. My wife thinks its too big and that's the only thing she says that about...

I just got the s5 to replace my s3 that I have had 2.5 years. The s3 was the first phone to make threw a full 2 year contract without breaking. The s5 has awesome battery life and is super fast. Plus the same series have removable batteries so if you are going to be out for a long time you can have a spare. You can buy second battery and cradle charger on amazon for around 75 bucks. The camera is also excellent. The larger screen also makes viewing TOO easier. IPhone 5 can't compete imo.

Last edited:

teej89

NE PA
TJ, the Galaxy is a big phone. But the screen is awesome! It fits prefectly in my back pocket and is still fairly slim, so its not bulky to a guy with XXL hands. My wife thinks its too big and that's the only thing she says that about...

I'll have to look into them in my next purchase. I think my thing is the Droid does SO MUCH but I barely use my iPhone as is. My current apps that I frequent are, Tapatalk(obviously), pandora, weather channel, and..... maybe FB from time to time. My BIL got the Droid and loved it at first cuz of everything it could do but then returned it cuz it did TOO much and was complicated. I don't even use iTunes on my phone, I take my iPod to the gym w/ me cuz it's small.

However I'm still digging the use of a SD card in the phone for getting trail cam pics.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Thanks for the replies guys. I agree with Cotty about not wanting to switch because I'm already so used to the iPhones. But, I think i'll make the switch just for something different and because I cant stand apples Icloud BS. And the cd card thing is awesome!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Love the iPhone5. The camera is much better and some of the new features are nice improvements over the previous versions. I do not like drastic change when it comes to technology, so enhancements on exisiting functionality is where it is at for me. The camera on the iPhone 5 blows the iPhone 4 & 4S out of the water.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Think he's saying something there Adam..lol

But yeah I like to think I'm somewhat technologically inclined, so I'm sure I could get used to a new set up.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Think he's saying something there Adam..lol

Ha ha, now that's funny!

I just rolled out Phase 3 enhancements for Moen's "Quality FIRST App". I launched it to all off our BU sales force members Q1 of 2013. Each is required to have it on their phones, is part of their SJR's and we are looking to turn on all of Canada next year. Yes, Moen has an App for that!

Technically challenged I am not my friend, except for the only times you have seen me :smiley_coolpeace:

Last edited:

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I just got the S5 and i love it, my wife has the iphone 4s and is thinking of coming over to the droid side. Its fast, it takes amazing pictures, etc. great phone