Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lost a good man

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
You may remember my sister's father in-law from this post.
Well he passed away Saturday. Tough old Marine had a heart attack, stroke, pneumonia and a bladder infection; his grandson found him. Although there was no heart damage and the stroke was minor, the pneumonia is what took his life. He was 90 years old. Whenever I saw him, we'd talk about Saipan and hunting. My sister scanned some of his old hunting/fishing pictures and I figured you all would enjoy them. So here they are in no particular order. I'll post more as she sends them.

Last edited:

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
What a great man indeed. I'm sorry to hear about his passing Mike. Thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I'm sorry to hear this Mike. He comes from a great generation. My condolences to you and your family.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry to hear of your loss. It sure appears he enjoyed live with other friends.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry for your family's loss. Sorry for the loss of another of the greatest generation. Thank you for sharing the pictures. Those are fantastic. Some fine game. I really enjoyed reading about him and seeing these pictures.

teej89

NE PA
Sorry to hear that... But man by the pictures looks like he really lived life. Thoughts and prayers to you and his family mike.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Lots of great folks from that generation.... Proud too have known a few myself.... Sad too see them go......

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry for your loss Mike! What great memories captured on film! Thanks for sharing them! A great generation dying off for sure!