Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

redneck blinds?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
anyone own one or something similar?

As many gosh dang blinds I have broke over the years, I probably could have bought a redneck blind 3 times over, and had very nice blinds that way. I am thinking about buying 1 a year for the next few years to have over plots, on those shitty cold days, or lazy days when my ass feels like sitting in a blind over a tree stand!

What do yall think?

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I looked at them but couldn't get past the high price. So I hand built my last 8'X8'X8' 12' high with 10 windows and had less than 400.00 in it. I did have free metal siding and roofing.
Just starting on my final tower 6x6x6 12 ft. high. Just getting too old to set in ladderstands anymore or at least building for the distant future.

Setting in a tower is damn nice. In a good office chair, out of the wind, carpeted floor with heat if necessary. First time I ever took a good book along to read in 48 yrs. of deer hunting.

Last edited:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Whatever you get be damn sure it's big enough as it can get real crowded with more than one person. My son started out with 4x5 and it was sorta OK when the grandkids were small. But now both the boys are 6'3" and they fill the whole stand.

Then I went to 5x6 and it also is a little crowded with 2 people and all day chairs.

Last year I build the 8x8 and you can party out with 4 hunters. Maybe too big but damn nice.

Building a 6x6 now but mainly for myself but big enough for 2 hunters.

Just recommending you lay out the stand size on the floor and move yourself and your gear onto it to see if it's OK.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I do love those barronett blinds but I have gone through a few of them. I would love to build blinds as well but as many of you know with me living in Texas right now, I just dont have the opportunity to do that at this time.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I received the Barronett Blind today. Don't believe the deer will even notice the crooked stitching or the crooked velcro on the screen. Nice Blinds for anyone needing one.