Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Proud Grandpa also

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My oldest grandson graduated also. He finished in the top 10 in his class of 250. He got a full scholarship ride to Miami Univ. He'll be able to commute the 9 miles to Miami Univ. and work for his dad at the business.
He's also my deer and turkey hunting buddy.

Since he has always carried a 4.5 Grade. Avg. he hasn't taken any Final Exams since I don't know when.
He has tested out on several College Courses so he should get his 4 yr. Degree in 3 yrs.

Last but not least my 2nd granddaughter just graduated from Dayton Univ. this week.

Last edited:
Congrats to you and your grandchildren!! I too am loosing my hunting buddy, he also has earned a scholarship and with his football schedule I don't know how much hunting he will be able to do for the next 4 years.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congrats to you and your grandchildren!! I too am loosing my hunting buddy, he also has earned a scholarship and with his football schedule I don't know how much hunting he will be able to do for the next 4 years.

This generation does make it look so easy. He lives next door here on the farm so maybe he'll get some deer hunting time in with his studies.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
My oldest grandson graduated also. He finished in the top 10 in his class of 250. He got a full scholarship ride to Miami Univ. He'll be able to commute the 9 miles to Miami Univ. and work for his dad at the business.
He's also my deer and turkey hunting buddy.

Since he has always carried a 4.5 Grade. Avg. he hasn't taken any Final Exams since I don't know when.
He has tested out on several College Courses so he should get his 4 yr. Degree in 3 yrs.

Last but not least my 2nd granddaughter just graduated from Dayton Univ. this week.

Outfrigginstanding!

You have good reason to be proud.

Huckleberry Finn

College and hunting sucks...it's doable though, namely if you have a good tree stand waiting for you when you get home! Several guys on here helped me get through that. Hard to wake up at 4am when you're used to going to bed at 2pm though.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
College and hunting sucks...it's doable though, namely if you have a good tree stand waiting for you when you get home! Several guys on here helped me get through that. Hard to wake up at 4am when you're used to going to bed at 2pm though.

Oh he has several good treestands, hunting towers here on my farm right behind his house within 500 yds. He's taken bucks with a shotgun and handgun and wants to take one with ML and bow. Now he needs to take one with a PRC.

He does have a good head on his shoulders and will go far. Him and his brother is always willing to help grandpa when I need it.

Yep our country boys seem to have a good understanding of what life is about, teach your kids to hunt and you won't have to hunt for your kids.