Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Recurve Bow

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
securedownload[3] (2).jpgsecuredownload[2] (5).jpgsecuredownload[1] (6).jpgsecuredownload[1] (11).jpgsecuredownload[2] (3).jpgsecuredownload[1] (4).jpgsecuredownload[3] (3).jpgsecuredownload[1] (12).jpg

Well I ordered a Black Widow recurve awhile back and finally got it last week and really like it, I have been shooting the last several months working on my form with an old Herter's bow an feel like I am doing fairly well so far. I got to shoot a little while this weekend and the one pic is my group at 15 yds so will just keep practicing and hope to work my way to 20 and 30 yds by Fall but we will see. The bow is a PA 11 One Piece Graybark 60 inch at 47# and 28 draw and is very smooth and easy for me to shoot. I am going to shoot carbon arrows for right now and eventually hope to shoot some wood arrows. Would like to thank Milo and Taylor for taking the time to answer my PMs and giving me some input. Thanks again guys really appreciate it.
I really hope to be ready by Fall to get out with this new bow and maybe get a crack at a whitetail as it will really be a challenge for me but am excited to give it a try and will keep you updated on my progress good or bad.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Good looking bow bud. I live the gray black widows myself. Enjoy the trip it's a whole new ball game now.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I looked up the black widow bows on their website and didn't realize your release style effected the tiller so much you have to watch out for what grip you get. Is this important or did I miss something?

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ric I shot their 3 grip styles when I was at the bow super show in March and liked the standard grip and had the bow tillered for shooting 3 fingers under. So far I really am enjoying shooting it and it really brought the fun back in shooting for me but it will humble you as I am finding your form has to be right on every time. Cant wait to try and get a whitetail with it.