Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

BTD! Roll included!

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Got it done on #2 Tom this season today! I have another tag for another zone but with only two days remaining and no scouting done, it isn't going to happen. We're hunted out anyway and ready to get into the water to start spear fishing season. But turkey season went out with a bang! I managed to get my first bow bird on the ground this year and some pretty good footage out of it. Well, I think we did better this time. The bird was a lot bigger for sure. We both wanted to sleep in today and still ended up getting it done going out at 1030. By 1245 we had a boss Tom on the ground! Took him out with a bullhead broadhead after a narrow miss last week. I'm glad I missed though, because this footage is far far superior to what we had last week. I've never killed a bird outside of NJ, but this is a big Eastern for NJ. 25lbs, 1.25 spurs, 11 inch beard. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq6oiJQP8EM

Attachments

• BBD.jpg
    BBD.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 109
  • BBD hanger.jpg
    BBD hanger.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Scoresheet.jpg
    Scoresheet.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 118

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Really glad you guys are liking it. What did you think about the beginning and ending roll? We tried something a little different. I personally like it a lot. It was Dan's idea and I was totally on board with the slow mo and old paper feel.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That was frigging SUPERB!!!!!! Everything was awesome! Very well done...:smiley_clap:

I'm more impressed with this than much I see done by the pros on the outdoor channel!

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
That was frigging SUPERB!!!!!! Everything was awesome! Very well done...:smiley_clap:

I'm more impressed with this than much I see done by the pros on the outdoor channel!

That's what I like to hear!!!

The only thing I was disappointed with was the camera movement. We're going to invest in a better tripod soon so we'll be more mobile as well as a couple other tools. We're going to start incorporating some slide shots soon too. It's a lot of brainstorming though to make really good shots. It's basically the biggest reason I watch and like Heartland Bowhunter, because of the awesome filler footage they get.

Thanks for all the likes guys. Really glad you like the video!

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Thanks guys for the props! Now my buddy thought he'd throw together a highlight reel of our season. All I can say is, I'm excited for him to say "it's done". I got to watch it today and well, you'll see. I think you guys will be happy with it.