Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Unintended Consequences....

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Every action we make can have consequences some intended and some unintended.

For example the pro-gun versus anti-gun movement. Specifically the open carry movement. I can completely understand and I do support the idea that a right not exercised can easily be lost. I have open carried at times myself. However when you intentionally bring it into the public light in a business, then you need to be aware that it may impact the business and be prepared for that.

The reason I bring this all up is b/c Chipotle has now taken a stance on firearms due to an open carry incident. This is similar to what happened with Starbucks. Open carry people began to take advantage of the lenient attitude that Starbucks had towards firearms until enough anti-gun people pushed back hard enough to get a response. It wasn't a pro-gun response.

This is a picture that was taken at the Open Carry event in the TX Chipotle

So here is one reaction
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/mo...moms-petition-2014-05-19?reflink=MW_news_stmp

Or they look further into the social media of one of the people in the above photo and come up with this gem
http://aattp.org/meet-the-dangerous...ts-that-invaded-chipotle-with-their-blessing/

Good intentions...unintended consequences

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Always that one guy that goes TOO far. As for the wanna be thug, 100% of gun owners I know would agreed that douchebag shouldn't be allowed to own a gun...

easy_e

SE Ohio
Why would someone want to do this? This is absolutely ridiculous. I don't care if you are "allowed" to do it or not. Does it make them feel macho or what? Must be compensating for a lack of something...DOUCHE BAGS!!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm about as pro-2nd amendment as anyone can be, however, I don't want people carrying guns into a room I'm in. For example, at deer camp, it's in poor taste to tote a gun into the cabin without showing an empty chamber and carrying in a proper manner. If I saw these clowns toting guns into a restaurant, I'd leave. Gangsta ass clowns wannabes are not doing any favors for the 2nd amendment IMO.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'm about as pro-2nd amendment as anyone can be, however, I don't want people carrying guns into a room I'm in. For example, at deer camp, it's in poor taste to tote a gun into the cabin without showing an empty chamber and carrying in a proper manner. If I saw these clowns toting guns into a restaurant, I'd leave. Gangsta ass clowns wannabes are not doing any favors for the 2nd amendment IMO.

X2 Brock

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

X3

That's a great quote Sean posted as well!

These two DA's are hurting our cause IMO...