Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Maiden Voyage on Kiser Lake

I FINALLY got out in my new kayak and it turned out to be a great day, indeed. BTW...the kayak handled great! :smiley_bril:

I started out trolling with my new Rapala Scatter Rap, in shad color. The first fish on was a 14.5" white crappie. I ended up catching 5 of them and the smallest was 11". The best part of catching these fish was when I got to shore and realized that I didn't have anything to transport them home. So, I noticed my brother was talking to a gentleman wearing a WW II Veteran hat. He was in Nagasaki, 3 days after it had been bombed. My brother and I thanked him for his service, shook his hand and asked if he would like some crappies. He accepted, so we gave them to him. He said that he and his wife would have a great meal from these fish. It couldn't have worked out any better. :smiley_blink:

I also caught a 9" Bluegill, a 14" LM Bass and a 8" hybrid stripper. If the stripper was another 20" longer, I could've kept it. :smiley_blink:

There was a fellow kayaker that was calling me for help. He said he needed a bigger dip net. Quickly, I reeled in my lines and paddled over to him. He'd been fighting a fish for about 30 minutes and I arrived in time to net it for him and take a few photos. This hybrid stripper was a solid 4" wide and according to his hand held scale, it weighed in at 9 lbs. 8 oz. Very Nice!!!

Bowhunter57