Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Input on Philadelphia trip?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Heading out tomorrow night for Philly. Plan on driving thru the night with one of my employees. Hoping to finalize a purchase of a truck in the morning and drive both vehicles back. Not sure what to expect. I have been told Philadelphia is no longer the "city of brotherly love". Is it as rough as I hear?

Not sure we will have time to do any sight seeing. If we do, is there anything there outside the Liberty Bell? I might try to see that if there is time.

Other than this, our stomachs and heavy eyelids will dictate our return trip. Probably at least try to drive part way back before crashing in a hotel for a few hours. Never know. We might just do a round trip with nothing but pee breaks and food.

Any suggestions?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Anyone have a good source to look up carry laws in PA. Doesn't look like they reciprocate with Ohio. Not cool. Just need to figure out PA laws so I am properly transporting once I cross the state line. Ugh.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Anyone have a good source to look up carry laws in PA. Doesn't look like they reciprocate with Ohio. Not cool. Just need to figure out PA laws so I am properly transporting once I cross the state line. Ugh.

Just carry the damn thing. Stay in the right lane and do the speed limit. If you see blues in the rearview unload it and throw it in the console. The smith 642 is the easiest for this. One push of the thumb, a shake, and she's empty. I've never let a politician dictate when only they can protect me and I can't myself.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is what John said. "Carry a throw away. That is what I do whenever I have to go thru IL." haha You know me though Joe. I want to play by the rules. Doing my part to try to educate myself.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks Huck. Been thinking of adding a non resident permit to enable easier travels.

Looks like I am on the search again. Dude gave me a price. We agreed. I have certified check made out already. Vehicle ready to roll. He text me to tell me he sold it. Bull shit if you ask me. He knew I was on my way. I asked if he wanted a deposit. He said "Oh non non non. It okay. You okay. Just come see." Not a surprise. I should have known when he answered the phone with a Taliban dialect. Bastards.