Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Allen Creeks Great Balls of Fire

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Just picked up our pup from Allen Creek Retrievers in Wisconsin. Chris and Ashley run a first class operation and we couldn't thank them enough for the wonderful job they did with our little guy. He has been an absolute JOY to be around and I cant wait to begin this journey! Right now we are just enjoying each other and getting him acclimated to the new house and property.

So without further ado.... I would like to introduce Allen Creeks Great Balls of Fire "Maverick" to everyone.

Sire: NFC Watermarks Running Back "Emmitt"
Dam: SHR Five Star's Love Me Lots JH "Cami" (FC Merlyn IV/HRCH Pudgie Mac’s Shootin Ally MH)

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Must be my monitor as on FB, I thought Maverick was chocolate.

He is absolutely gorgeous and I am looking forward to his updates!

teej89

NE PA
Is that where you got Sarge also? I've been researching breeders, I'm looking at getting a lab early next year after bow season.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Diane - He's black as night lol, I will def keep pics posted for you and all the others.

Teej89 - Sarge came from a different breeder. It took me a long time to find the pedigree I wanted and this dog is STACKED. My best advice is find a SOLID pedigree and it'll up your odds. I had certain criteria, I wanted high end dogs stacked close in the pedigree and superb dogs as grandparents. I was fortunante enough to get just that and more. I also got pick of litter for a dog that won National Field Champ when he was 3 years old!!!!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Sarge is doing great! He had an awesome first season, over 200 retrieves before he was 14 months old! He is going to be my solid gun dog and depending on how this pup turns out I may get into the field trial game with him. His parents are superior in the FT games and his lineage has two sets of line breeding from great producers.

I actually just had an interesting call from a guy after posting pics of the new pup on a retriever site that acting like he wanted to buy him from me! Of course I said NO lol

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Yea its a great picture of him, miss that little fuzzy bear but love the young man he's become. Not yet, Sarge is back at the trainer for a couple months to clean up some bad habits he acquired during hunting season. Worked out good because it gives me time to work with the pup one on one and not have to worry about Sarge playing to rough or hurting him while he's so little. He'll go to the trainer with me and be introduced to Sarge that way under a controlled environment rather than the chaos at my house. :smiley_crocodile:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
He looks great Zach. I'm curious to see how he progresses and how he differs from Sarge in his quirks and "trainablilty." Seems like FT lineages produce some really high octane dogs... and with that sometimes come the challenges of a high strung pup. Betty, although not an FT dog, has those qualities and it can sometimes make things difficult. However, that extra drive is nice to have in a lot of situations. You just have to be able to rein it in when necessary. Sometimes easier said than done. Lol. Looking forward to seeing this pup grow up man!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
He looks great Zach. I'm curious to see how he progresses and how he differs from Sarge in his quirks and "trainablilty." Seems like FT lineages produce some really high octane dogs... and with that sometimes come the challenges of a high strung pup. Betty, although not an FT dog, has those qualities and it can sometimes make things difficult. However, that extra drive is nice to have in a lot of situations. You just have to be able to rein it in when necessary. Sometimes easier said than done. Lol. Looking forward to seeing this pup grow up man!

Especially with Dare to Dream "Cosmo" on both sides of his pedigree. It's amazing how many doors have opened since I got this pup and how many people want to train now that I have a dog with a solid pedigree. Weird??? YES!!! The dog world is a corky world for sure. Still excited to see how far I can take Sarge coming from NOTHING. I think it would mean more to take a dog with nothing and turn him into something.

teej89

NE PA
Diane - He's black as night lol, I will def keep pics posted for you and all the others.

Teej89 - Sarge came from a different breeder. It took me a long time to find the pedigree I wanted and this dog is STACKED. My best advice is find a SOLID pedigree and it'll up your odds. I had certain criteria, I wanted high end dogs stacked close in the pedigree and superb dogs as grandparents. I was fortunante enough to get just that and more. I also got pick of litter for a dog that won National Field Champ when he was 3 years old!!!!

dang! you'll have to keep us updated on how he's doing, where'd you get sarge at if you don't mind sharing?

And awesome pic, this fall it'll be the real deal he's bringing back to ya.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Sarge came out of a friends dog honestly. No titles, dad hunts and moms a house dog that loves to retrieve. Basically it was a total gamble! I didn't have the money after my divorce to get the dog I wanted (Maverick's pedigree) so I settled with Sarge and rolled the dice. Luckily he's been a pretty nice gun dog. Sarge will be my gun dog and I plan on keeping Maverick in check for hunt test / Field Trials. Hunting creates a lot of bad habits and I'd like to see how far I can get Maverick before I screw him up hunting LOL!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Another great pic, Zach. I miss those days a bit... All very simple, very short, and very fun training/drills. Don't get me wrong, training Betty is fun and I enjoy the hell out of it.. but there's a little bit that's taken away when you have to keep the dog's standards so high at this age. Being tough and being consistent isn't usually fun and games. LOL But it IS great to see your dog make progress and learn new things. Best of luck with Maverick, man. Although with his pedigree I doubt your'e going to need any luck!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Another great pic, Zach. I miss those days a bit... All very simple, very short, and very fun training/drills. Don't get me wrong, training Betty is fun and I enjoy the hell out of it.. but there's a little bit that's taken away when you have to keep the dog's standards so high at this age. Being tough and being consistent isn't usually fun and games. LOL But it IS great to see your dog make progress and learn new things. Best of luck with Maverick, man. Although with his pedigree I doubt your'e going to need any luck!

Always the potential for a turd in the punch bowl Jim..... LOL!