Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Farmer mistakes girl for groundhog

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That is horrible. I don't have a clue how a man could live after making that mistake.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Said she was laying down in the grass shooting a bb gun? Maybe her clothes were covered by grass or were green in color and her hair was the color of groundhog? I don't know either. Sure seems close enough to clearly establish your target to me. If there is a doubt, you don't shoot. Sad situation. I couldn't imagine losing a child like this.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I will never understand "accidental" shootings when it comes to hunting. I was always taught to verify the target and what's behind it and passed on many animals due to a questionable shots. This shooting is absolutely unacceptable...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I will never understand "accidental" shootings when it comes to hunting. I was always taught to verify the target and what's behind it and passed on many animals due to a questionable shots. This shooting is absolutely unacceptable...

Same here Greg! Totally agree!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia

Agreed. And if the guy had bad eyes, he shouldn't be shooting a gun.

Huckleberry Finn

Yup. Never something worth it if you're not absolutely certain.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I can see how it happened, I have no doubt the guy was 100% positive that he has shooting a groundhog. Rolling ground and she was shooting prone, just the top of her head occasionally showing through the grass just like a feeding groundhog. The eyes and mind play tricks, only 60 yards away of course there isn't a person there. There but for the grace of God go us.