Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

tagged out

WoodCoDep

BARTLETT, OH
I ended my 2014 season with another nice bird this morning. it had a 10 3/4 in beard and 1in spurs. I went out yesterday morning to the farm I killed my first one on and only heard one gobble a good ways off on a neighboring property and that was it. Last night I had a bird gobbling like crazy right across the road from my house from about 8 till dark. I said that birds by himself and joked to my wife hey I'm gonna kill that bird in the morning. I set out early about 530 because I pretty much knew where he was roosted. I made my way up to the top of a big hill where I thought I'd be above him and figured I'd call him up hill. About 545 he started gobbling like crazy and I moved in to what I assumed was about 100yds of him. I made about 5 calls to him back and forth with him responding to let him know where I was and see how interested he was. Right after shooting light he quit gobbling and I figured he was either ticked off or he was interested and gonna come in quiet. Luckily it was option B. I thought I heard him fly down but couldn't tell over the highway noise about a mile away. About 5 minutes later I heard brush snapping down the hill in front of me and I knew he was coming. He came in to about 15yds and I made a quiet putt to stop him and let him have it. Only went out three times for a total of maybe 4 hours this year and killed two toms I probably won't do that again lol..

1544544_10152432400758395_7859267730852707048_n.jpg