Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

NJ double vid

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Yo guys, my buddy Dan and I doubled up on Saturday on two good birds. We managed to get some pretty good footage. I have at least one more tag I think I can kill a bird with, so we're going to try to lay down some more good footage. Unfortunately some jackwagon responded to one of my replies and it was marked as spam, so now I have somehow been booted from watching the video.... Have to log out to even watch it.

Anyway, hope you guys are knockin em down out there. Can't wait for November!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rInlrQw8MaI

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That was probably the BEST turkey bowhunt I've ever seen! Really, really nice job on that!

Huckleberry Finn

How bout them dicks commenting on your video...bow or gun, you put your boot on his head to prevent getting spurred!

teej89

NE PA
Man that video was awesome! Great work. I love the last shot on the gopro, never even thought of putting one by a turkey deke. Pretty sweet video!

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Glad you guys enjoyed it! Dan wanted to keep it as short as possible, to keep people's attention. I think it could have been edited a little better, but he really wanted to get it out, and it still came out pretty good! He might go back and make another video of just my hunt. His bird came in right after we got in the blind, like 10 minutes, and from behind us so we were afforded no footage. Believe it or not, that first shot he made was NOT fatal. These things are so tough to kill with a bow... I'm not sure how I missed that first bird. I think I just overthought where to shoot and by the time I shot, I had screwed myself up. The second one I knew exactly where I wanted to shoot though, and still think I aimed a bit low. And the rage didn't even open... Not sure what I'm doing for the next head. Dan has some bullheads I think I might use to try to take his head off. Just going for some good footage is all. We really want to get good footage, so I don't even think we're going out until the sun is up on Monday. We're going to try to get good filler footage and try to make something spectacular for the next bird. Which is why I almost don't even want to use that lopper BH. But if it works!!!!!!

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Back at it today boys... Back in the house already. Not a single gobble this morning and there were a couple birds hanging out in the safety of my buddies yard... But anywho, nature called, and not the way I wanted, so we're letting them unhen and getting back at it in a little.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not sure how I missed this video. I loved it. Congratulations on your turkeys and on some awesome footage! Well done Tim.

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Not sure how I missed this video. I loved it. Congratulations on your turkeys and on some awesome footage! Well done Tim.

Ha ha, me neither!

We struck out today. Had gobblers around us, but couldn't cash in on our regular spots and couldn't get the others around the muck that has been caused by the recent rain. Back at it tomorrow....