Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The old girl keeps hangin' around

Since before the turkey season opened, this hen has been stopping by for a visit. I seen her in the field beside my house, dusting herself, so I put out a few hen decoys, a jake and a strutting tom. When she was done flopping around in the dirt, she walked up to the house to check out the decoys. Apparently, she wasn't impressed with them so she walked through my front yard, around the house and back into the woods.

She allowed me to get to about 20 feet from her for these photos. While I was taking her picture, we had a short conversation. About what, I don't know, but I clucked and purred a few times and she mimicked my sounds...and then vice versa. She wasn't spooked in the least and kept eating and pecking at the ground as she left.

I just wished she'd bring her boyfriend along, one of these times. :smiley_chinrub:

Bowhunter57

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I think your birds are west of you,a guy said south of state and east of cable. I would say criders section. I didn't see them but a guy at work seen them there and another guy had mentioned about seeing them there ,17 birds both times. I hope this helps Daniel.