Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Remington 700 Muzzleloader

Huckleberry Finn

Madison, NC – Remington Arms Company, LLC, (“Remington”) is pleased to announce the Model 700 Ultimate Muzzleloader – the most technologically advanced in-line muzzleloader on market today.

The Ultimate Muzzleloader sets a new performance threshold with the use of a closed breech system that provides a cleaner and hotter ignition. The AMP (Accelerated Muzzleloader Performance) ignition system uses a uniquely-sized brass case with a Remington 9 ½ large magnum rifle primer that is push fed into the breech plug creating a gas seal in the flash hole of the primer (see cutaway below). The result allows the shooter to load up to 200 grains of powder for increased range, energy, and on-game performance.

Using 200 grains of Triple Seven® Pellets in combination with Barnes’ Spit-Fire T-EZTM 250-grain muzzleloader bullets, the Model 700 Ultimate Muzzleloader gives the shooter the ability to reach velocities over 2400 fps. With Remington’s patented breech plug technology, shooters can now experience centerfire-like performance and accuracy out of a muzzleloader.

Really? I bought a Remington Genesis for about $250 6 years ago. I'd gladly sell it for $75 bucks now...heavy piece of crap. So apparently they are going to try to high end market. MSRP is $1295...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Is this a smokeless ML?

My Remington 700 muzzle loader was inconsistent. Seems $75-100 was about it for used price IF it was well maintained.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Is this a smokeless ML?

My Remington 700 muzzle loader was inconsistent. Seems $75-100 was about it for used price IF it was well maintained.

No smokeless. A lot of the guys use the Rem 700 ML for a parts gun to build smokeless ML.

Lundy

They purchased the patent and company "Ultimate Muzzleloaders"

It uses a brass priming case and a sealed breech, high quality barrel and up to 200 gr powder loads.

They must think there is a market for that gun or they wouldn't have purchased that company and then introduced to the gun to the market in a much bigger way than it was previously. The Remington name gives it immediate legitimacy.

It would not and is not what I would choose to get high performance from a MZ, but many will, especially in states where smokeless is not a legal propellant