Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Report: Fewer Limits, more concealed guns in Ohio

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am confused. Cannot carry in school zone unless dropping off child for school? If you go to soccer practice after school, and leave it in your vehicle, is this illegal? If you return to drop off a lunch, this is illegal? That one has me scratching my head. I thought it was changed to wear you could carry in the vehicle, but simply needed to leave it locked in the vehicle if you exited?

You are correct though. It was amusing to read. The anti-gun people quoted offered some ridiculous arguments. Their arguments were completely illogical.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Yes and yes, there is only the drop off exception for schools, otherwise you cannot carry. Or park on the street Not on school property.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yes and yes, there is only the drop off exception for schools, otherwise you cannot carry. Or park on the street Not on school property.

Thank you for the clarification. That is dumb. If it doesn't leave your vehicle and your vehicle is locked, I see no issues. Guess I will need to rethink my travels. Mine goes everywhere with me. I will have to plan ahead more often now in order to be in compliance. I guess I have been inadvertently breaking the law. Silly when you figure the criminals or school shooters have no worries about this law. Only affects those who are trying to comply with the law.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I read a statistic yesterday that said. Since 1950 all but two mass shootings happened in gun free zones.