Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First one of the year

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well off too Nimisila lake for our first tourney of the year.... Will probably me my last as well I till late sept.... Weather will be sketchy as far as wind and rain with mostly wind in the late morning early afternoon..... Hoping the water temp came up from 2 weeks ago lol.... Looking for pre spawn bass gettin ready too move up..... Wish us luck lol I have a feeling we're going too need it lol.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
How'd you do?

Not good, fun day with a great friend but not a fish in he boat lol.... Fought the wind first thing in the morning ( electric motor only lake) all he wall too out first spot which was an hour run too a back water which we felt would of been the pre spawn area for them and the warmest water..... Mistake lol.... No fish and the wind shifted on us and we fought the wind all the way back.... About a mile from the ramp the trolling motor batteries wouldn't move us forward and barely kept us on spot.... Soooooo turn the key start the motor and idle too our next spot then between anchor and electric motor and big motor we were able too fish some more and then called it quits with a half hour left..... One limit was caught which 5 fish weighed in at 4.11 another boat with 4 and one boat with 2 and that was it.... Great too get out and had fun but it would of been nice too catch a few lol.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yea we still had fun, Shawn's a character that's for sure lol.... Bob your right about stabilized weather that's for sure that's been the one consistent so for this spring and that's been the inconsistent weather.... And yesterday's water temps and the gale force winds didn't do us an favors as well..... In hindsight I'd of stayed put and not made the long run but we did and paid the price for it lol....