Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

my buddies bird

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I'm trying to post the pic but I'm having trouble. But here is the story. We had been watching three toms since Friday. Monday came and we set up in the wrong section. So Monday evening we found them and put them to bed. Yesterday we went in and got within 75 yards of their roost. As daylight broke we heard a couple coon fighting and that got them to gobbling. I hen yelp a couple times and then another gobbler stated in. They were pretty vocal when they were in the tree, once the hit the ground they shut up. About fifteen minutes had went by from the last gobble before I spotted the hen coming through the brush. And then out popped two toms, as soon as they came out they came running to the decoys. We should've doubled up but things happened so fast it didn't work out. I was just as happy for him then if I would have killed one myself. I'm trying to upload the pic but the file maybe too big. Idk why I can't get it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice work! Definite accomplishment considering how few birds are around here. Hopefully you have some better places than I do.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
IMG_20140506_105727.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140506_105727.jpg
    IMG_20140506_105727.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 111

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Glad you got it to load! Hopefully you two will have that tricky one posing before long, and congratulations on the one you killed this morning!