Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mossberg fold down forearm series

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Through my research the was 18 different models of Mossberg's fold down forearm series. I've collected 13 of the 18. Plus I have 2 Model 152's one with a wood forearm and the other with plastic. These models are quite desirable on the market.
Top to bottom.1 42A, 342K, 152, 152, 352, 352KB, 352KC, 3 53

Top to bottom.
642K 22 Mag, 342, 342KC, 342KA, 342KB, 152K

Last edited:

Huckleberry Finn

I'm not ashamed of my ignorance...

I'm never seen one of these. What's the point of the fold down front end portion of the stock?

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The claim is it was to take advantage of sales to the GI servicemen after WW11 and Korea. The 1st couple models has a carbine rear and winged front sight. A cheap serviceable rifle with a Military flare.
The fold down models are highly sought after rifle and bring a good price.
If bought right they are very good investments. Basicly all my "tickle my fancy" buying is long over and I only buy correctly priced precious metal investments now.

Last edited:

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Nice accumulation there Frank. When I was a kid my best friend had a 377 plinkster with the thumbhole stock and iirc fold down forend. I couldn't shoot it left handed.

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice accumulation there Frank. When I was a kid my best friend had a 377 plinkster with the thumbhole stock and iirc fold down forend. I couldn't shoot it left handed.

I have one of the Mossberg Model 377 rifles. It was way ahead of it's time with the thumbhole stock. Mossberg killed the rifle by putting a cheap $4.00 Tasco 3/4" scope on it and no iron sights. It's very difficult to find a Model 377 with the original Mossberg scope base and scope. Most of the original scope and bases were taken off and a higher quality 1" scope was put on.

Last edited:

zelozelos

I love these rifles. My father purchased one from the 5&10 i think he said, when he was only a boy. I have enjoyed many stories about him and the rifle. He has given it to me when I was the same age he was (8years old), and have enjoyed it all my life as well. I in turn have given it to my son at the same age, but now after 3 generations, its getting pretty worn. I need a new clip for it and it is having problems chambering and ejecting because of it. And it also needs to be refinished. I do not want to blue it, I would like to reproduce the origional finish, but since I dont know much about it I dont want to touch it. I just rub it down n oil it every so often. Any suggestions? I was thinking about mounting it too, but i dont want to rob my grand child his 1st shot with it.

Bigjay98

Through my research the was 18 different models of Mossberg's fold down forearm series. I've collected 13 of the 18. Plus I have 2 Model 152's one with a wood forearm and the other with plastic. These models are quite desirable on the market.
Top to bottom.1 42A, 342K, 152, 152, 352, 352KB, 352KC, 3 53

Top to bottom.
642K 22 Mag, 342, 342KC, 342KA, 342KB, 152K
Can you list the model numbers? I can’t find parts and wanted to cross reference. Thanks for your time in advance friend.

I was 15 at the time that I owned the Mossberg model fold down stock. Harvey High School in Painesville, Ohio, along with the YMCA had a class in markmanship and gun respect. During one of the classes we had to lock our Rifles in the mens room lockers while watching film in a YMCA class room. When we returned to retrief our rifles, my locker had been broken into, and my Mossberg was stolen and my Uncles never allowed me to have another. I went into the Marine Corps, two years later, and my love for firearms has never left me. I have a small collection of different firearms, mostly WWII. But I have been trying to get another Mossberg .22 semi automatic with clip and front fold down stock. I have made bids in the past on a few in different auctions, but never come up with being able to win an auction. If you please would let me know where I can buy another, I would appreciate it. I hold a C&R license and my email address is sonruptl@comcast.net Thanking you in advance.....

Reactions: GoetsTalon
I realize that original post on the Mossberg .22 cal. 152 fold done stock was posted back in 2014, but still I am sure the information is still available, and not so much for the wanted rifle it's self. Hopefully someone is noticing my plea.

Reactions: GoetsTalon

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I was 15 at the time that I owned the Mossberg model fold down stock. Harvey High School in Painesville, Ohio, along with the YMCA had a class in markmanship and gun respect. During one of the classes we had to lock our Rifles in the mens room lockers while watching film in a YMCA class room. When we returned to retrief our rifles, my locker had been broken into, and my Mossberg was stolen and my Uncles never allowed me to have another. I went into the Marine Corps, two years later, and my love for firearms has never left me. I have a small collection of different firearms, mostly WWII. But I have been trying to get another Mossberg .22 semi automatic with clip and front fold down stock. I have made bids in the past on a few in different auctions, but never come up with being able to win an auction. If you please would let me know where I can buy another, I would appreciate it. I hold a C&R license and my email address is sonruptl@comcast.net Thanking you in advance.....

Hi, Thanks for joining and welcome. You're doing fine with the formatting and replying. Unfortunately the original member who posted this thread and was the owner of the mossberg firearms pictured has passed away. His children have them now. I do not have their contact information although I do know some here have spoken to them. Perhaps one of them can email you their information.