Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The worst week....

Kaiser878

ohio
I hate these last few days before season. I have a few birds pinned down. I watched one tonight strutting around under his roost tree. Maybe its just me....but I'm on pins and needles with anxiety of someone messing these birds up or walking in on me opening morning. The bird I'm gonna hopefully hunt opening morning is in a terrible spot to get screwed over. So that's why I'm watching other birds....but this bird is a stud....from what I could see with binos he looks to have 1 1/4+ spurs....

Man I wish Monday was tomorrow..... I hate waiting

Diablo54

Outside
Haha they are just turkey's! I could care less how big they are. As long as they put on a show before I drop the hammer I get excited as can be. Hopefully no one messes him up for ya!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good grief!:) I certainly hope no one messes up your turkey hunt Zach. I mean if someone comes stumbling along and kills that thing it's not like you can just go find another one that looks like he does!:):):) Each one has their own personality, especially when you've taken time to build history with them as you have. They are all so unique in the way they grow spurs and feathers, long-sweeping majestic beaks and all.

Seriously, I hope you get a whack at the one turkey you have your heart set on!

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I definitley can relate to getting ansy awaiting opening morning. That said, unfortunately the past few years I really haven't been able to put the time in before season as I wish to target a bird and pattern him. I have a few properties I can hit, so I am going to look to get some listening in between now and Monday. Outside of that, it will be run and gun.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
There are no turkeys in my area. The DNR and farm bureau and insurance companies are decimating them. I think I am going to take up deer hunting instead.mischeif.gif

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
We have more damn turkeys down here in SW Ohio than you can shake a stick at. But damn it's hard to take one when it's hunting season. I just don't put the time into it. I have more fun taking the grandsons out to take theirs. Then I'm sorta done for the season. Maybe this year I'll put some time into it. Report later.

Kaiser878

ohio
You're the only person in the world who could measure spurs on a turkey with bino's...

Well when they are 50 yards from you and you have aa good set of.binos its pretty easy to see their spurs. Its clearly not a 2 yo with little spurs. You'll see. :D ha

Besides I've always had an eye for measuring things. I am usually spot on when measuring bra sizes through several layers of clothes.

Last edited:

Kaiser878

ohio
Good grief!:) I certainly hope no one messes up your turkey hunt Zach. I mean if someone comes stumbling along and kills that thing it's not like you can just go find another one that looks like he does!:):):) Each one has their own personality, especially when you've taken time to build history with them as you have. They are all so unique in the way they grow spurs and feathers, long-sweeping majestic beaks and all.

Seriously, I hope you get a whack at the one turkey you have your heart set on!

Hey maybe I am just a little excitable ....ha

Maybe I'm the only one that does this....but I try to find one bird I wanna kill first. I always pick out a bird and make it a point to kill it. It makes it more exciting to me. I have done it the last few years and it makes thongs more interesting for me. Maybe I am just trying to make it more like deer hunting. I don't know.....

Diablo54

Outside
Well when they are 50 yards from you and you have aa good set of.binos its pretty easy to see their spurs. Its clearly not a 2 yo with little spurs. You'll see. :D ha

Besides I've always had an eye for measuring things. I am usually spot on when measuring DICK sizes through several layers of clothes.

Hmm...

Kaiser878

ohio
Hahaha I wasn't talking about the epic struggles of diablo and moundhills mushroom hunt with the one mushroom they pulled oon and pulled on but couldn't get picked. Now Taylor is walking with a limp. Ha

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Hey maybe I am just a little excitable ....ha

Maybe I'm the only one that does this....but I try to find one bird I wanna kill first. I always pick out a bird and make it a point to kill it. It makes it more exciting to me. I have done it the last few years and it makes thongs more interesting for me. Maybe I am just trying to make it more like deer hunting. I don't know.....

Hahaha I wasn't talking about the epic struggles of diablo and moundhills mushroom hunt with the one mushroom they pulled oon and pulled on but couldn't get picked. Now Taylor is walking with a limp. Ha

I see that you like Thongs lol. Maybe you should think of those instead of a bird or diablo and moundy and what they hunt lol.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

Bahahahahaha!!!

Good luck on that bird dude. I've yet to get one pinned down. Seems like I'm not seeing them like I usually do this time of year.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I could give a shit about turkeys. Sure its fun when they gobble and who doesn't love shooting big, fat stupid birds in the face? But who cares! Not I! I don't even scout. Fugg getting up early and all that jazz. Just go out and have fun. Look for shrooms, birds, sheds, treestands, take a nap, just enjoy the beautiful spring woods. I worry too much about deer and ducks, the last thing I am going to do is let a turkey get my panties in a wad.

But you, you are an excitable dude. So I'm not shocked to see you sweating bullets and pacing around like a loony! lmao

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I could give a shit about turkeys. Sure its fun when they gobble and who doesn't love shooting big, fat stupid birds in the face? But who cares! Not I! I don't even scout. Fugg getting up early and all that jazz. Just go out and have fun. Look for shrooms, birds, sheds, treestands, take a nap, just enjoy the beautiful spring woods. I worry too much about deer and ducks, the last thing I am going to do is let a turkey get my panties in a wad.

But you, you are an excitable dude. So I'm not shocked to see you sweating bullets and pacing around like a loony! lmao

Here here, brother! Nothing better than a nap in the spring turkey woods. Well, maybe an afternoon treestand nap in November...