Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Maumee River

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Everybody's been hammering the eyes. Fought the crowds this weekend for an hour or so both days to get a limit. I didn't stick around and fun fish at all. Yesterday I went up after work for 2 hours and got 17 legals in 2 hours. It was nice because there really was nobody fishing where we were. Should be even less today due to the cold

loose_is_fast

McClure
damn that's quick. I fished there on Monday and Tuesday morning they are hammering them straight out from the walkway to the river. I like to go down to the east a few hundred yards it takes more time but not nearly as many snags and you don't have to worry about getting tangled with other peoples line

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
sounds like fun, i cleaned out my shed last weekend and found that a mouse had destroyed my waders. No funds to buy new ones right now, guess I'll have to wait till next year.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
The fishing is as slow now as I have ever seen for this time of year. We had to grind out a limit Thursday while most didn't get any or 1 at the most. Friday was almost a bust. In the first 4 hours, between 4 of us, we landed 1 legal and I lost 1 a few feet from the net. We went back to the parking lot and regrouped after and moved to a out of the way spot and pulled 7 legals. I didn't even go up over the weekend. With low water and few fish, the tournament that We'll be in this weekend should be very interesting. I like my teams chances if it's low water and very few fish

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
DNR did some shocking and all the females were spawned out and they got mostly males plus the white bass are starting to show up so it looks like its on the tail end.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
My buddy Nate and I teamed up again for the Maumee River 2 man walleye tournament yesterday. It's a Jack only tournament. We had a very rough day getting any number of fish. Prwefishing on Saturday really had us expecting to win the tourney. We had some very hefty fish. Once sunday came there were a few other jackholes right where we wanted to be and they were dicking the whole drift up. We actually went to the truck and moved spots 2 different times but eventually made our way back and just bullied our way into the spot we wanted. We rallied in the last hour and half and managed to finish in 4th place. The 2 top teams were boaters and had a couple pound separation from 3rd place. Then we finished about an ounce and a half less than them. All in all a decent day. I did break my St. Croix Legend Tourny rod Saturday, so that'll be heading back to get replaced. I did also land a 28" Ten pound female yesterday.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
My buddy Nate and I teamed up again for the Maumee River 2 man walleye tournament yesterday. It's a Jack only tournament. We had a very rough day getting any number of fish. Prwefishing on Saturday really had us expecting to win the tourney. We had some very hefty fish. Once sunday came there were a few other jackholes right where we wanted to be and they were dicking the whole drift up. We actually went to the truck and moved spots 2 different times but eventually made our way back and just bullied our way into the spot we wanted. We rallied in the last hour and half and managed to finish in 4th place. The 2 top teams were boaters and had a couple pound separation from 3rd place. Then we finished about an ounce and a half less than them. All in all a decent day. I did break my St. Croix Legend Tourny rod Saturday, so that'll be heading back to get replaced. I did also land a 28" Ten pound female yesterday.
It will cost you to send it back. I broke my Avid and called them and it was going to be about half the price of a new one. I took it to Netcraft in maumee and when i picked it up i about gave the guy a hug!!! They saved my favorite rod for a very good price.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I got my St. Croix back Saturday. Just the $20 shipping. I took Thursday off and went to the river with a buddy. Between the 2 of us we brought home about 80 very large white bass and 10 walleye. We released 3 snagged eyes. 1 being a 10lber. We also lost 4 legal ones in the current just short of the net. Was gonna go this weekend but I caught a stomach bug that everyone else has been getting and it totally kicked my ass

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Here's one of the few days we got the boat out. uploadfromtaptalk1400017585725.jpg