Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hate To Be That Guy

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I started watching bow hunting today, and got super excited for next season! I got the plottin bug, hanging cameras, etc.
i probably wont get much time to chase turkeys but I am saving all my vacation time for deer season.

Anyone else thinking about next deer season yet?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Every day since the season ended is one day closer to opening day. For me, this season started the day the last one closed.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Been on that path for the last few weeks and looked at the auditors webpage and started banging on doors already and getting slips signed lol. Picked up some new ground and going to go cut some deadfall wood out of it this summer with a guy I went to school with. Getting him back into the hunting game after he decided to hang it up 9 years ago. This weekend I am putting out a mineral site at those woods and going to hang a cam just to see what kind of numbers we see coming and going. ALWAY something to do in the deer woods lol.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm the same way. I started getting my food plot planting ready. Put out 3 mineral licks yesterday.
Getting ready to build another hunting tower to replace my main ladder stand.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
It's time for big bellied bass, morels, and turkeys now! I don't get too excited until July when the deer's horns are really developed. I do need got they bow tuned up though!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Yep

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397550089057.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397550089057.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 72

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I'm starting to focus on fishing and cutting grass, gardening, stuff like that more but still thinking about deer pretty much all the time. I had an exciting deer season up until the last day and I'm ready to get back after them. Had the PCR thing on my mind the last few days too.

Treed

Stark County
lol...I've been going through withdrawals since February! Since the end of the season, I've gained access to a 111 acre farm down in Knox county and another piece of property bordering Brush Creek Wild Life Area that's about 65 acres of wooded hills. I've spent countless hours on Google Earth going over the topography of the land planning and looking for places to hang stands. I'll get to see the Knox property for the first time next week, there's a lot of turkey there too. To be honest, I can't decide whether I'm more excited about going after some gobblers than I am about scouting the property and looking for deer sign. From what I understand, nobody has hunted this particular piece of land in about twenty years so it's pretty exciting. That's a lot to think about and a long time to think about it, that's for sure.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thankfully, I'm no longer afflicted with the deer bug as I was years ago. I used to think, scout, shoot, and breathe deer hunting year 'round. I think it took away from my enjoyment of other outdoor activities. I was no more successful deer hunting back then than I am now, I was just miserable that I wasn't hunting deer 11 months of the year. I feel sorry for you guys that are that eaten up with it, having been there. Having said that, I'll probably spend more time during turkey season looking at deer sign than calling birds...