Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB Looking for 4x4 quad...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Want something smaller and used. An older Rancher would be ideal. I had a line on an 06 Rancher with 800 miles but the dude was a flake. Prefer a title...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I will keep my eyes open for sure. Just unloaded one of mine. Can't bring myself to unload the other. I will look. Don't overlook the smaller Yamaha Kodiaks. I had a 2006 Honda Rancher 4x4 400 and a 2003 Yamaha 450 Kodiak 4x4. Despite being 3 years older, it was a better machine. Independent front and rear suspension versus the solid rear axle of the Rancher. Handled better. Actually carried a load better. Went more places without getting stuck. Just a thought. Yes, a title is a must. Make sure it has an odometer as well. Some of the Yamaha quads have no odometer and you are at the mercy of the owner and a visual inspection.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
03 Rancher in Lancaster if you've not seen it. 3200. Say's original tires and they look real good.......Miles should be low....

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
Been if you find one can you find two. I've been thinking about getting a small as my knees get hurtin more and more. Hate to think about going under the knife two more times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLAAA!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Been if you find one can you find two. I've been thinking about getting a small as my knees get hurtin more and more. Hate to think about going under the knife two more times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLAAA!

Ebay seems the place to be. Problem with them is I don't have the same comfort buying a used quad as I do a automobile. I can fix a car issue, usually send out work for small engines.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Contact seller direct on a quad close enough you can drive to see it. Most times they will be happy to sell it outside Ebay to avoid fees.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Ebay seems the place to be. Problem with them is I don't have the same comfort buying a used quad as I do a automobile. I can fix a car issue, usually send out work for small engines.

But you get the Ebay Money Back Guarantee for 30 days. You ask any questions on the computer so you have proof and if they steer you wrong, Money Back. Going through it now on a Rifle Scope.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I would suggest going 2007 or newer so you get the 420 fuel injected motor. We have a 2001 350 that is carbureted and its a great bike, but Hondas are notoriously cold nature'd. My 2007 and dads 2011 are fuel injected and it makes it super nice on cold days. Plus the added power is nice. You can get a fuel mapper to boost hp also, which I've done to make food plotting better. IMO, the Rancher line is the best four-wheeler ever made in that particular class of quad.

We have a Bulletin Board that is published every week down here Beener. I can go through it for you. Always a ton of bikes for sale down here.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Problem with getting one new enough for FI is paying more than the budget allows. Looking to stay under $3,500. Buying a $4,000 trailer next month.