Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 10

Schu72

Streetsboro
I hope I can help a little. My older son and I will be out for youth season. I know the new place has birds on it, I just hope I can get one to cooperate.

Schu72

Streetsboro
I have good news and bad news. The bad news is we did not get our hunting blind up this evening. The good news is it's because there were so many turkeys in the area we wanted to set up. There were 3 big toms 3 jakes and 2 hens. good luck to anyone going out in the morning with thier youth hunters.

Schu72

Streetsboro
no luck for us either. Had turkeys everywhere, but just couldn't make it happen. I think we ended up seeing 14 turkeys total.... couple of really nice toms..

Schu72

Streetsboro
We came so close to pulling it off this morning. Called in a dandy from 250 + only to have a miscommunication between the shooter and the caller. Really disappointed for my son.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
no luck this morning. Had lots of gobbling off the roost, but they never came my way. The woods went silent by 7:30 or so. Wrapped it up at 9:45 with only a few hens spotted.

Your turning into a true turkey hunter, Old Scout finally is starting to wear off on ya Mike!!!!!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Lol! I gotta admit, calling that bird in for Kody was quite the thrill.
Deer still does it for me, but this morning was a pretty good one in the woods even without cashing in. Hearing gobbling down through the hollow, anticipation of if they're coming or going, then the silence... Pretty good roller coaster ride. Plus, I was in good company with Old Scout.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Envious of all your father son hunts Mike. Whether it be you and Stan or you and your boys or Stan and the boys, lots of good memories brother. Soak them all in cause there are many of us who probably wish we could enjoy similar hunts that you, your dad and your boys enjoy together.