Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

team 6

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Checking in for team six. I've been doing a little scouting and keeping my eye on a few birds. Hope I hold up my end of the team. I've took the whole first week off so I'm pumped up to get after old tom.

doublej

Checking in..I'm actually an OOS guy here for good while..so limited to public land I found a good looking area on some public land close to where I'm staying. Going listen tmw am. Won't be able to hunt opening weekend going home for Easter but will be on them hard afterwards

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Are we supposed to come up with a name? Any Ideas?

Gobble getters
Strut stoppers

I am still trying to catch up to a landowner where I have seen a few longbeards in the past week or so. He gave permission a couple years ago, so I doubt he'll object this year. Just a really tough guy to catch at home. redcloud and I are hopefully going to stop out sometime later today.
I have permission on a farm I killed a 21 pounder 2 years ago, but so far this year I haven't heard any gobbling or found any tracks out there.
I also have another spot where I saw several last year on the one day I managed to get out. They saw me before I saw them though. I'll be scouting that farm some time this week.
Other than that, There is a public spot I have seen and heard birds on while fishing, maybe something good will happen there.
The problem is the same as last year though. With my wife working saturdays and a 2 year old in the house, my time afield is very limited. Hopefully I can manage a few more hunts this year than I did last year.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Are we supposed to come up with a name? Any Ideas?

Gobble getters
Strut stoppers

I am still trying to catch up to a landowner where I have seen a few longbeards in the past week or so. He gave permission a couple years ago, so I doubt he'll object this year. Just a really tough guy to catch at home. redcloud and I are hopefully going to stop out sometime later today.
I have permission on a farm I killed a 21 pounder 2 years ago, but so far this year I haven't heard any gobbling or found any tracks out there.
I also have another spot where I saw several last year on the one day I managed to get out. They saw me before I saw them though. I'll be scouting that farm some time this week.
Other than that, There is a public spot I have seen and heard birds on while fishing, maybe something good will happen there.
The problem is the same as last year though. With my wife working saturdays and a 2 year old in the house, my time afield is very limited. Hopefully I can manage a few more hunts this year than I did last year.
Any name works for me danta. I made it out this am with a buddy. We heard four gobblers they gobbled their heads off for five minutes on the roost, but at 6:37 they were done. We figured they flew down and shut up. We seen a big tom and two hens yesterday morning. And then another single bird that we wasn't sure what it was. The ones this morning need to be on the other side of river so we can hunt them. Where they roosted last night is off limits. So we are hoping they move around a little this week. Good luck to everybody. 7 days and counting.

doublej

I checked out two more public lands today.. woke up to late to go listen at a place I scouted last weekend so decided to go look for a few more options.. All I did was drive them though get a better idea of the terrain. So now it's internet scouting then I guess I'll get in there the Friday before the weekend I get to hunt and see if I can put one to bed for the next morning.
Good luck fellas if any of ya'll wanna swap #s to BS and maybe get together during the season just shoot me a pm

Any name works for me too

twireman

Kingston, OH
Mu brother and I toon my 9 year old niece out for her first hunt ever this morning. She has been practicing a lot with her 870 20ga. I called a tom to 35 yards in some thick cover and never presented her with a clean shot (20 yards is her max). It was an awesome hunt and he gobbled a good bit coming in. Just one of them deals when little ones are involved everything has to be so so. He would've been a dead turkey if it wasn't youth season lol. Great hunt nonetheless. She was pumped. We also found about 30 black shrooms!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397919981.991004.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397920037.715553.jpg

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Mu brother and I toon my 9 year old niece out for her first hunt ever this morning. She has been practicing a lot with her 870 20ga. I called a tom to 35 yards in some thick cover and never presented her with a clean shot (20 yards is her max). It was an awesome hunt and he gobbled a good bit coming in. Just one of them deals when little ones are involved everything has to be so so. He would've been a dead turkey if it wasn't youth season lol. Great hunt nonetheless. She was pumped. We also found about 30 black shrooms!
View attachment 20854
View attachment 20855
sounds like a heck of a good hunt.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Going to try and make it out tomorrow and the weekend but things went looking real good. Birds have been spotty after early last week. Gonna need a little luck I do believe.

doublej

Been out of pocket for a bit..only got to hunt that last weekend didn't see or hear a bird but did have a 3 yr old buck starting to grow his horns back come within 5 yards of me which made the whole weekend worth it despite no thunderchicken action