Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FOR SALE FOR SALE - Perception America 11 Kayak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perception Sport America 11.0
New condition. Only in the water once! Stored inside my garage.

* Length 11 feet.
* Weight 50 Lbs.
* Paddle Holder.
* Alternate Registration is good until March 2017.
* Owners Manual.

Asking: $275.

No personal checks! Cash only!
Call or Text after 4:00 p.m. weekdays or anytime on the weekend.

Bowhunter57

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Mind if I ask what about it you don't like anymore? I know nothing of kayaks and am just curious if you just outgrew it or it wasn't what you thought it should be?

J said:
Mind if I ask what about it you don't like anymore? I know nothing of kayaks and am just curious if you just outgrew it or it wasn't what you thought it should be?
"J",
I don't mind at all. I purchased this kayak for fishing, like I have others and added some angling accessories. After fishing in it one time, I found a lack of stability from side to side. Not a bad feature in rivers or streams for maneuverability, but not a good feature for fishing. It paddles easy, is faster than some I've owned and is light weight for an eleven foot kayak.

I purchased it new at MC Sports between x-mass and new years, but everything was froze up and a test drive was out of the question. I'm outside the 90 day return policy, so I'm going to take the loss, sell it and replace it. :smiley_blackeye: This was NOT an angler model, but I thought it could be used as one. I was wrong and feel that it would be a great kayak for kayaking in any waters, with its' handling characteristics...just not to be used for fishing.

I hope this clarifies things for you. :smiley_blink:
Bowhunter57

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Geez oh pete! You change water craft and coyote guns like the weather Daniel! I'd be half tempted but have no real need for it. No reason to take up space and collect dust. It would still be like new in 5 years. lmao

Fluteman said:
Those are kinda opposite ends of the spectrum. lol. Are you just looking for something more stable, or do you want light as well?
Fluteman,
The weight isn't bad on either one. I definitely am looking for more stability. I've found a similar model to the Pack Angler, called the Guide 119. It is sold at Dick's Sporting Goods and is one of their exclusive canoes, due to it coming in a camo finish. This is a "front runner" for my selection, as for now, especially at $499.
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...qqGYVgPqJ1hvGkX!1357727830&cp=4413993.4417832

Bowhunter57

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I've always steered clear of canoes due to the facts that I have terrible balance and have yet to find one that was stable enough for my own comfort. Have you considered looking into a SOT kayak like WS, Jackson, Native, or even Old Town offer which allow the flexibility and stability to stand and fish? I would think a SOT with a pontoon - like hull shape would help substantially in regards to stability you just won't find in a canoe or sit - in kayak. I realize you are looking at more weight with a SOT, so that may be a factor as well.

I'm sure you've thought about all this, but figured I'd throw out my $.02...

Fluteman,
The extra weight of a SOT is an issue, as most of them are 65# and up. Plus, I tend to fish earlier and later in the year and like the protection of the SIK and not getting wet is huge.

I have also have had more of an interest in a kayak vs. canoe. I've read some of the reviews on Paddling.net (http://www.paddling.net/Reviews/) and that has made a huge difference in the selection process. I'm going to make another "road trip" today to BPS, in Rossford, Oh. to see the Ascend FS10. The reviews are just too good to overlook this kayak.

Thank you, gentlemen, for the thoughts and information.
Bowhunter57

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Local bulletin board...

Status
Not open for further replies.