Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Your yard, mowed it yet?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Whelp, as much as I hated to I broke my seal and mowed my yard today before the expected rain we have in the forecast. It's still pretty soggy in some places in my yard and the dark green grass over my leach lines was making my yard look like poo. So what started out as just hitting the tall spots turned out to be saying, "Fugg it" lets just mow the bitch! Hope this doesn't mean I'll be mowing twice a week from here on out!

I was the first in our neighborhood to start this shit TOO......dang:smiley_depressive:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I just did myself in and fertilized/weed controlled for the first time this year. Me and I will be mowing once a week or more until the throws of summer heat hits.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'll be mowing my parents Saturday and my place Sunday. With dad still healing, I have 4 places to maintain this year. All I'll do is now from May-August.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Not yet. Damn I hate the guy who thought up the idea of grass around the house.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Not yet, but my mower is at JD for servicing. When I get it back, I'm going to try to wait until mid-July or so to start. Once it gets hot enough to slow fishing, I don't mind mowing. I'll be fishing after dark by then, so a little mowing during daylight hours will be acceptable. :)

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I mowed a bit of mine earlier this week as I've been dying to try out the new mower. If the rain holds off, I will mow it all tomorrow.

I also offered to mow for a neighbor who owns some land down the road but lives in WV. Not sure what I was thinking, but hey, I have 60 acres of hillside to hunt all to myself. lol

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I think I'm gonna let mine go this year. Maybe get some crp grant money. Just doing my part for making some nice habitat for the little creatures....

Yeah right... my ole lady would have a fit. I'll probably do it next weekend.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I think I'm gonna let mine go this year. Maybe get some crp grant money. Just doing my part for making some nice habitat for the little creatures....

Yeah right... my ole lady would have a fit. I'll probably do it next weekend.

I had to that when the county caught me mowing too much of my Ag Exception land about 4 yrs. ago. The wife didn't like it in the front yard going to the road but when she found out it saved use several hundred dollars per year in Real Estate taxes she got over it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Heck no! I hate mowing. Once you start it doesn't end. Mine won't get mowed until absolutely necessary.

Buckmaster

Portage
Mowing takes me 7 hours from road to backyard at home with a zero turn, push mow, and weed eat. It's all I do from now until August either at home or my camp. I absolutely hate it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Mowing takes me 7 hours from road to backyard at home with a zero turn, push mow, and weed eat. It's all I do from now until August either at home or my camp. I absolutely hate it.

Takes 7-8 for me to do everything without a zero turn. My whole place is hillside. And I have shit grass, so I end up passing over everything twice with my patterns to get it looking right. I can do a "quick mow" that takes me 90 minutes. I do that most often, then once a month do everything. Thankfully with all the shade in the backyard, it doesn't grow real fast.