Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Best Gun Smith

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I am looking to the forum for names of "master" or "highly recommended" gun smiths that could re-barrel a old falling block style rifle. (prefer located on this side of the Mississippi river.)

It would be a special investment to me so I would want the best.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
There is a guy located in Loudonville, I have never used him personally as I have not had the need for any gunsmithing. But everything I have heard about him is top notch. Called whitetail gunsmithing.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I am looking to the forum for names of "master" or "highly recommended" gun smiths that could re-barrel a old falling block style rifle. (prefer located on this side of the Mississippi river.) It would be a special investment to me so I would want the best.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

OK...
maybe I was unrealistic.
How bout anywhere in the USA ?

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
What is the name brand of the rifle? What about the rifle guys at the Wood Chuck Den. Might have to send it out to Montana Arms or a company like that that makes falling block rifles.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Ya. That's true Charles.
I was just hoping I could fine one well recommended by the group...

I have started to correspond with several member's of the ACGG.
Turnbull- turned the project down because they aren't set up to do this style gun.

Joe Seeley out of Cambell, NY- will do the job but is considering my options
James Anderson out of Newell, SD- (same as above)
Reto Buehler out of Medford, OR- (same as above)

Huckleberry Finn

This is a cheap suggestion because I know nothing about the Gibbs, but Cabela's does deal in some very high firearms in their "gun libraries" and might be a contact or direction for you.