Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anyone upgrading to a galaxy S5 Friday?

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
I'm up for a new phone next week. Been using a Samsung phone but not a Galaxy. I'm considering getting the new S5 or the iphone 5. Any thoughts on which one is better?

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
I've never had an iphone but my wife and oldest son have one. They are trying to push me that way. I had a Samsung Fascinate which I loved but "upgraded" to a Samsung Stellar which is a piece of crap. I'm actually taking my youngest son's upgrade and transferring it to my line so I can get something new. i was going to get the S4 until I saw the new S5 is coming out this week.

My wife an I do no contract cell service.This makes the cost of t buying the phone very high.I recently went with the Galaxy S3 with a Lifeproof case and paid 250$+55$ case..Im gonna guess the S5 would cost over 500$ when its finally available through my carrier.

epe

Lancaster
After looking around tonight, think I am going to buy an S4 and go to at&t prepaid route. No deals out there beside family plans. I am paying $105 a month thru sprint. So if anyone knows of anyone getting rid of an S4, let me know.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I just recently bought an S4. I was waiting on the S5, but once they released the specs, I saw no reason to save and pay 3x as much for the S5 with minimal improvements over the S4.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I made the switch from an iPhone 4S to the Galaxy S4 and don't regret it one bit! I bought it for the bigger screen. I have my pages set up similar to my iPhone and there's barely anything I miss.