Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ghost Blind

Treed

Stark County
I've been toying with the idea of buying a Ghost Blind for a couple seasons now and since my pop up blind didn't make it through the winter intact and it's just about turkey time, I figured what the hell. I went and got a Predator today and got the seven inch expansion panels for it, from the looks of it, you just flat melt into whatever terrain you put the thing down on. Does anybody else use this blind? What are your experiences with it? Are there any helpful setup tips I should know about? I didn't buy the carry bag for it but I'm thinking I'll be at Kames in the next couple days picking one up or recruiting my wife and her sewing machine to make me one. Anyway, if any of you guys use one, I'd love to hear how it's worked out for you.
Thanks
JD

BGarrett

Belpre
I have one and had it for 2 years now. I love it. I got to meet one I the owners of the company and he have me a couple of tips. He advised it works best if the terrain is ever so slight downhill. I told him I wanted to try to set up in some in a corn field and was told to just be on the edge and place stalks on the ground in front of the blind to make it appear the stalks are standing. Don't set up directly at a tree base, it just looks weird.

I prefer being in a tree but this thing does work. I had a deer walk straight t me within 20 yards before I shot him.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I TOO have the Predator. I had also bought the extra panels & then it dawned on me one day while using it that I could have saved the money had I just cut from the existing blind & then raised up those fresh cuts a bit. Using my crossbow this season, I learned that the extra panels will block out needed views & sometimes the original height was a tad too high. Just depends on the given setup. Anyway, I got my deer this past season using the blind. It'll blend in alrighty !

Here's a pic of my setup from where I got my deer, if you can see it ..... :)

Last edited:

Treed

Stark County
no friggin clue where it's sitting in that pic but if I had to guess, I'd say on the left above what looks like the case for it

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ok, ok ... I'll quit messing with ya. I lied, it's not there....lol

Actually, it is. Dead center. When ya work with shadows & obstacles, it's deadly.

There's nothing in front of it just the same, just grass.

Last edited:

teej89

NE PA
that's where I was looking but I thought it couldn't be it cuz I could see the tree trunk the whole way to the base of the tree. DANG that's good!

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
So how is it working? Which one do you have and what do you sit on behind it? Contemplating and wondering if I should get the taller predator or the shorter runner model.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
It will be a combo of deer and Turkey hunting with some coyote thrown in for measure. All with a gun of some sort.

carbonarcher

Op kames is where I go for everything good people not sure about that blind looks cool I use ameristep caretaker I take kids sometimes. Goodluck.